The MT-07 Forum

Solid vs Graphic Helmets

w1ngzer0

• Global Moderator

I like bright helmets. Mine is graphic with lots of neon yellow and red. I know there are debates over whether bright colors really make a difference but I like it, so even if it makes no difference I am wearing it.

• Premium Member

I don't really care what others do, but personally I prefer solid helmets and even more preferred is something matte.

It's all about keeping that rubber side down.

I like a solid colour helmet. But if there is going to be any sort of graphic on the helmet I like a single stripe, or something else equally as clean.

The Shoei GT Air Wander is the helmet I have my eye on when I have a little more disposable income.

I prefer solid color and I like the look of matte helmets better, but they are more difficult to clean in my experience. For that reason I went with gloss white on my second helmet.

• Premium Member

I have learned over the years...my opinion on gear is not the same as the next guy or gal...do what makes you happy...I also learned not to get color match gear with my bikes so I don't have to keep buying new gear with each new bike...I use my AGV leather jacket every ride, I only use the leather pants when at the track, rain, cold or long distance rides...I always have my jeans on and good boots and I always wear gloves and brain bucket...I stick to all black colored themed gear for best long term use of gear as you go thru bikes over the years ? and light colors such as light blue or yellow, green, or white get dirty looking fast and require more cleaning if you are picky about that stuff...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

I thought a big cue ball would be nice and visible for my first helmet. But I've been bored with it and so I decorated mine. I wish I got graphics, next one will.

2016_10_06_16_20_45.jpg

booboobusfz07

My girl has convinced me to stick with a murdered out gear appearance. Had a graphic nolan and when I bought my rf1200 shes like no the graphics are goofy get matte black. lol.

My girl has convinced me to stick with a murdered out gear appearance. Had a graphic nolan and when I bought my rf1200 shes like no the graphics are goofy get matte black. lol.
Matte black, eh?  Sounds like your girlfriend wants you dead.

Engaging with people that have personality disorders on a message board is like arguing with a rock.

suspiciouspackage

I got a Scorpion R700 in matte black (still have it actually) when I first started riding. It lasted all of 2 weeks when I tried on an RF1200 and realized my head is a medium, not a large. Felt like looking like the Stig so I got a solid white helmet with a dark smoked visor. Would've gotten a blue mirror visor but I heard they scratch easy.

When I was looking at helmets I ended up buying the last of it's kind on the shelf and it just happened to match my bike, white with black stripes. I was actually looking for a solid white to beat the heat but there isn't a lot of the black striping on it to affect it much so I bought it anyway. Besides, it's a Scorpion EXO 1100 with 6 air inlets and 3 outlets so the massive air flow counters the heat absorbing black. The face shield locks open a 1/4" to let even more air in.  8-) 

Edited: I like graphics on helmets if done in good taste but I like a solid white helmet best in case you want to air-brush your own graphics on it and only on the sides of the helmet so as not to absorb more heat.

Beemer

martyinaustin

i've been a solid man from the jump but now i'm rocking the ping-pong ball. pure white baby.
it's nothing to look at, but damn if you don't see white helmets pop out in fraffic!

m.

• Premium Member

Well I wear this a lot so you know what camp I'm in!

that said my other helmet is sold matte black for when I'm off my meds :-)

icon_airmada_doodle_helmet_white_detail.jpg

'16 FZ07

• Premium Member

To each is own! I'm all about matching. Blame my design sense.

I initially was all about color coordinating all my gear to match my bike... Now that I'm on my third bike, nothing matches!

So I've learned to be more subtle on my design choices so I'm not tethered to any particular colors.. cus gears expensive!

NOTE: Hi-viz and White do attact more attention to me when I see others with it.

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

• Premium Member

NEXX Carbon Zero... the fewer graphics the better...for me... on my helmets, bikes, cars, trucks, etc., etc.

• 5 months later...

I prefer single bright colours . Having ridden the vast majority of my life in the tropics that colour is white. Anything else gets VERY hot.
Fit is more important. If a helmet that I liked had graphics on it, and they weren't monsters, claws, skulls, guns, knives or any other adolescent graphic fare, I would be fine with it. My last racing helmet was a Xlite Casey Stoner orange, blue, white and black piece that was striking but not childish . And not I didn't buy it because it was a Casey replica, but because it fitted my glasses really well, unlike most helmets, and I could see out of the top of the visor when in race position, unlike most helmets. As we don't race in summer, and half the meet is under lights, the colour wasn't as big an issue.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

• Premium Member

haha, talk about thread revival.

I hear you on the white color choices. My first bike was black, and in the summer was a hunk of burning metal. Hence why I got the FZ and my currents helmets with white.

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

• Premium Member

My wife and I both have the solid wine red Shoei Neotec, up close and personal its a very stunning colour with a fine metallic base. Love the solids although I do enjoy adding my own reflective designs.
I picked up a "Ronan" tape slitter and some 1-inch x 30' rolls of 3m reflective tape. Fun, versatile stuff and a very cost effective route for wheels, the bike, random gear, yo mamma etc.

3m tape and champagne for everyone !!!

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

Archived