The MT-07 Forum

2017 FZ-07 to be unveiled Oct 13th at Aim expo

Cruizin

Agreed.  That's probably the best part about the color scheme on my bike.
I have the 2016 with the silver and blurple which I like a LOT! 
Having said that, I plan in about 2 years to buy the shiny black panels to give me the feel of a new bike. Those black panels work really well with the blurple too. That's around the time that I will do some serious engine mods as well to complete the new bike feel.

Nice. I'm planning on peeling the decals off of my silver panels and painting a custom FZ-07 logo on them. If I completely botch it, I'll drop the $160 on new panels in a different color. Either dark grey or black.

• 1 month later...
Same for Canada. 

wonder if that blue matches my blue wheels on my 2016 blue/silver....
Just from looking at the side by side comparison (your avatar/blue, silver pic) I would say it doesn't match. The shades of blue are too different. 

Beemer

I know the 07 is a year behind, but the new 09 is pretty baller. I may have to trade up...
I'm feelin the new 09 too. Don't really want or need more power but its well priced with the improvements over previous years. I'm sure Yamaha will do the same with the 07 so it might be worthwhile to wait a year or two. 

Any predictions? I have heard rumors of 4 led headlight, rumors of 2 led headlight.  
What do you guys and gals predict?
According to 'Motorcycle News'(MCN), Yamaha took out a patent for an MT-07 headlamp similar to the MT-09/10. Presumably this is now likely for the 2018 model.  

Just do it! 

Since the FZ-07 is selling so well, I think Yamaha may have the attitude that no changes are needed on this model. I suspect different models with the same 689 cc engine (FJ-07) will see the significant changes and the poor FZ will only see a change of color until it's popularity fades and it's laid to rest. I hope the rumors are true.

Beemer

Archived