The MT-07 Forum

Why night fluo is unpopular?

onur

Hi guys. I am planning to get a FZ-07 and I was planning to get "Night Fluo" colors.

But looks like night fluo is extremely unpopular among FZ-07 riders. I wonder why nobody uses it.

And my mind is slipped to white because of this. My current bike is also white (and I love it).

Sorry for my English

For me the #1 reason that I didn't get the Night Flou is how dirty the wheels get, you'd be constantly cleaning them.

The Night Flou looks great but it is a polarizing color scheme so either you love it or hate it.

X

2016 Raven (White) ~ Akrapovic Carbon Exhaust / 2WDW ECU Flash / CRG LS Mirrors / Seat Concepts Seat / Givi Windscreen / OES Sliders / R6 Throttle Tube / Ohlins YA419 & NIX22

• Global Moderator

I think it looks good, but I also agree that I do not want to have to keep the wheels clean. My black wheels are usually dirty but it is hard to tell.

I love my armor grey w/ hi-viz yellow!

I get it though... It does not appeal to the masses..

As for the wheels, yes they must be cleaned more often than the dark colors to look sharp but I have found that the rear wheel takes most of the mess due to the chain. For years I have used Chain Saver by Dupont (Teflon Lube) and after it dries, not much flings off like most chain lubes. Since getting the factory lube off and going to chain saver, my cleanings are much farther between.

When I went to 2 dealerships, they seem to have just one of the night fluo/armor grey models of any of the FZ bikes and a lot of the other colors.  Yeah, that's anecdotal but still seems to me they just don't get much of that color at the dealer.  I even recall @capnkirk looking high and low for his yellow, the color he wanted.

For one (in some people's opinion) they grab up all the attention and no one can see the bike for the color. It's so bright it's like a bike at night with a ton of colored lights to get attention and a lot of people probably don't like feeling like they're on display. It is a bit much to be honest. Although it grew on me a little, I personally don't like it much with that grey and if I did have it at all I would have to trade out the panels for black raven panels. I'd love to see that on someone's FZ. Bzzzz-bzzzz!

Beemer

• 2 weeks later...

Just ordered my bike, night fluro. the deal for me was, the last two bikes I had were black, I liked the lack of color, but he reality is it is hard for drivers to see. I had two semi serious accidents, and whether the color was an issue I can't say, but in 50 years of riding I never had any other serious dismounts or accidents at all with colored bikes.
The other reality for me was the only 2 colors available from the one dealer in the Philippines were the blue black or night fluro. I really was turned off by a black and blur bike, and the night fluro grew on me to the point where its now cool, and certainly more visible.
I wash my bikes after every ride, or once a week. at least partially, black rims or yellow rims makes no difference.

• Premium Member

I love the yellow, and its looks amazing IMHO...... BUT this is my first bike with not black or dark wheels and I will NEVER NEVER buy another bike without black wheels again.

My OCD doesn't allow it to get too dirty, but on a bike I ride daily in LA, that means cleaning 2x a week, 3x if I hit the mountain on the weekend(i do)

Get Black, even the blue does much better.

~Pete

'16 FZ07

mushymushroom

First time I saw the hi viz, I thought who would get that it's nasty looking. I was dead set on the matte silver or the 2015 black/blue color scheme. The more I saw pictures of the armor gray, the more I started to like it.
So I understand the dislike but I'm getting one as my 1st bike. Looks better in person.

Something else I just realized in another thread about the high viz color, it's hard to find matching (high viz) levers so you're pretty much subject to using black levers only. That could be a reason for a draw back.

Beemer

well you would have black, silver, titanium to choose from. don't need more dayglo green accents.  If your choosing aftermarket body accessories they all come in matching colors of your choice including Night Fluo combo.
Night Fluo is a like it hate it thing, I have grown to like it although it is rather flashy.

• 2 months later...

That is the color that I really wanted. I think it looks sweet. I had to settle for black because I got the last FZ 07 that the Yamaha dealer in my town had. Black was my second color choice anyway, and I do like it too.

That is the color that I really wanted. I think it looks sweet. I had to settle for black because I got the last FZ 07 that the Yamaha dealer in my town had. Black was my second color choice anyway, and I do like it too.

I managed to get the second last in my area, that was 2 months ago... a pity they do not continue it in the US, in Europe they will mantain it for 2017...

Safe riding!

dentalprodigy

I was really jealous when the yellow wheels& grey color scheme came out especially since I've been on a high viz kick lately.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The first time I saw that color combination, I knew I had to have it. I love the subtlety of the gray, with the pop of the hiviz. Looks perfect to me. I specifically called around numerous dealers to find a leftover.
33924944993_d3e6c6d7b6_z.jpg

When I first started looking at FZ's I thought it was hideous. Now there's one in my garage.
I felt the same way with hi-viz gear. After a while, I sold all my gear and upgraded to better protective gear and went hi-viz at the same time. This color bike was released about the time I was looking for a ~700cc bike and my wife said to me "if you get an FZ-07, you gotta get the yellow wheels". A day or two later I brought one home from 2 hours away on my trailer. Lovin' it ever since. 

Archived