The MT-07 Forum

2017 MT-09

mjh937

Wow, I don't know if it truly is that good looking or its the angle, I have to see it in all angles to determine if it truly has been de-uglified.

wait, where's the new r6?  They still haven't shown it?  And I wonder if that means the 18 mt07 will have that make over.

AlbatrossCafe

I think it is pretty ugly haha. The last gen was better. It looked beefier and tougher.

Though it has a slipper clutch and quickshifting from the factory. That is sweet.

I have been wanting "quad" LED lights on my bike for a while. I almost achieved it with the dual headlights. I'll be slightly upset of the new MT07 has the 4 LED headlights essentially negating all my progress lol

• Global Moderator

I think I like it overall, but I will reserve judgement until I see it in person. I do not like the rear fender, but that should be easy to remove. I would not want the quick shifter. I wonder how hard that would be to disable.

Both the FZ09 and FZ10 have one major problem with me and a few others. Short inseamitis. Unfortunately no matter how much they improve the looks of the FZ09, it still doesn't fit me.

That's a shame. I would love to own either bikes but I cannot. :(

Engaging with people that have personality disorders on a message board is like arguing with a rock.

• Premium Member
phicurious86

Like what happened with the front, the shorter tail is meh, and the rear fender is fugly. The fender should be really easy to address.

Also why fix the forks but leave the crap shock alone? Why not up the tank size?

Also still have a tough time swallowing how cheap some of the stuff on the MT line looks. I'm looking at you radiator guards.

• Premium Member
phicurious86
Wow, I don't know if it truly is that good looking or its the angle, I have to see it in all angles to determine if it truly has been de-uglified. 
wait, where's the new r6?  They still haven't shown it?  And I wonder if that means the 18 mt07 will have that make over.

http://www.cycleworld.com/yamaha-releases-second-teaser-video-for-2017-r6

http://www.cycleworld.com/yamaha-releases-second-teaser-video-for-2017-r6
Well that's lame... intermot is here and they won't reveal the bike until the 13th?  Laaaame. 

2017_YAM_MT09_06.jpg

Ok, those headlights are just way too high... it still looks too much like the old 09 from the profile.  Why can't they lower it?  It would look so aggressive if it was lower.  And 5mm higher seat?  Eh, looks like I won't be getting on one of those.  It was already high to begin with... unless the seat is thinner than the previous version.

I like where the MT/FZ series is going... Transformers, Roll Out!!

It's also a good thing they fixed that parts bin looking taillight. I like the new 09. Hopefully they do they same to the 07 and we can have some direct sawp parts.  :)

Maybe I'm the only one, but its lipstick on a pig.  That front head light design is a joke.  It fits the body style of the MT-10, but not the naked 9. The reworked front suspension along with slipper clutch/assist clutch is nothing more than the need to even it out with the XSR9.  They realized that this bike can be insanely popular if they put some more work into it.  But what about the price point?  If it is anywhere near a Striple, why would you even consider it?  It needs to be priced the same.

Thank god they moved the display.  That is worth the upcharge any day.

[HASH]hater

I hope they do up the 07 in a similar fashion for 2017. That will for sure make our original 07 worth more and sought after over time. I think the transformer look is ugly and people will tire of looking at them over time.

Yamaha hit a home run with the old vmax design. It was not even a great motorcycle but the look sold it for many years.

I hope yamaha puts the inline 3 from the fz-09 into a sportbike like the R6 someday... that would be a really fun ride on the street and the track.

I still think the elephant in the room, that no one wants to mention, is the fact that the engine has tumors on each side that stick out and burn you.

• Premium Member

Headlight looks like it's squinting really hard to accomplish electron microscope zoom capabilities...ppl were already swapping xsr slipper clutch parts to fz/fj-09 for 300 or so...and that license plate holder can go take a walk off of Beemer pirate ship plank!!! I really believe It's gonna cause more harm/damage to bike than the original license plate holder when the bike gets " laid down "

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

I didn't know you could make the original any uglier. Ok, the tail light looks improved. But give me a round 8"+ headlight cribbed from an 80's UJM, a Duc Monster, or one of the all-LED "steerable lights" that one outfit or another is peddling for neigh $700. And please someone take a hacksaw to the big-trailie mud-guard nonsense.

Yamaha, please just fire all the millennials infesting your design/art department and go re-hire the guys who retired 10+ years ago.
sheesh!

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename

Depends on the color for this redesign. The black 9 looks pure sex.

27c4a720366d9abb433eb825c7d8cec6.jpg
bdb07df376a72bc959e56b43a90a662a.jpg

SigSide.jpg

• Premium Member
Love it, fixed all my issues with the 09 apart from the wonky ergos.
X2 

2015 FZ-07 2003 2014 GSXR 1000

Wait, nevermind the bike... what is that awesome GI JOE-ish helmet the rider is wearing? I WANT THAT!

MT09_04.jpg

Archived