The MT-07 Forum

How can I lock FZ-07?

onur

Hi guys.

I've started riding few weeks ago. I had a chance to try a FZ-07 (it was already my dream bike) and I immediately fall in love with her.

I don't have a garage and I am parking my current bike near a public road with an extremely thick chain and disc lock.

Problem with FZ-07 is I didn't see any spot to use chain to lock main frame. I am afraid someone will steal the bike if I lock only rear or front tire.

Do you have any recommendation?

Sorry for my English

• Premium Member

You can use a chain thru the hole in swingarm...I would slip a rubber tube over chain if it's just metal to keep damage down...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

Do you mean this hole:

TgTEIQF.jpg

Chain has a cover, but it's a little bit short (electric pole is a bit thick). I hope swingarm is not easy to remove or cut.

Thanks for advice and sorry for my English!

Sorry for my English

I'm not sure about where else to wrap the chain on your bike but I hope you are chaining the bike to something that can't be moved so that no one can just lift your bike up and load it into a truck real quick. GL!

Beemer

• Premium Member

The front or rear tire is easy to remove with a very quick ratchet job...but the swing arm requires a fair bit of parts on the bike to be removed just to remove swingarm...or run the chain thru any of the actual blue tubular frame pieces in above picture as an alternative...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

@norcal616 I was planning that blue tubular frame but I am not sure there is enough space for a tick chain.

Sorry for my English

• Premium Member

Welcome!

Another security measure you can do is purchase a bike cover...

And did you happen to purchase a disc lock with an alarm?

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

Here's an AMA with an Ex-Theif & "chop-shop" operator.

Quite informative on what they look for, what deters them, etc.

Archived