The MT-07 Forum

Australian MT-07HO from Newcastle, NSW!

clintfish

Hi Guys! I'm from Newcastle, New South Wales. I'm the proud owner of the MT-07HO (or the unrestricted, higher capacity MT-07). For me, weighing in at 67kgs or 148 pounds, this bike has plenty of power. That being said, there are several projects I am Currently working on. I plan to 'Black Out" my MT, install a SC project Black Ceramic Exhaust, and have it look as stealthy and aggressive as possible. 

My Current Mods are:
Snorkel Removed
K&N Filter
EJK Fuel Controller
Yoshimura Tail Tidy
Chrome and Black Radiator Guard

My parts on order are:
TST Smoke Integrated Tail Light
HEL Braided Red Brake Lines
Motul RBF 660 Fluid
REZO Short Gold Levers

My Shopping List is:
SC Project Black Ceramic Exhaust
TST Crash Protection Kit
Puig Engine Spoiler
A 'stealthier' Custom made Headlight Assembly... Hopefully

And finally the Jobs I have started myself:
Black Boot Guard Plates
Black Aluminium Frame side Covers
Black Footrest Brackets
Black Front Fender
Black Tank Fender

As you guys may know, the High Output Model, or the model identical to the International FZ, was only available in Silver Trim and Yamaha Racing Blue (essentially purple lol) Wheels and Frame Tubing. So whilst my bike will be mostly black, ill be stuck with Blue wheels and frame, which I don't mind. 

I can see myself keeping this bike for many years, so the investments all seem worthwhile. Great to be in touch with so many other lovers of the FZ/MT!

Hey welcome
Congrats on the awesome HO

Before you spend any money, take it for a ride down the old road as far as PITS, then see what you think of the suspension?

Hey welcome Congrats on the awesome HO

Before you spend any money, take it for a ride down the old road as far as PITS, then see what you think of the suspension?
Ive been down putty a few times, and to be honest, i don't consider myself a great nor terribly daring rider. I love to lean into a corner as much as the next guy, but I didn't buy an R6 because I wanted comfort, without (in my opinion) losing out on looks. :)

Welcome and congrats! Is this the pipe on your shopping list? 
https://www.scproject-shop.com/yamaha_mt_07_conic_black_e.htm

If so, WOW! Pretty penny to spend but a nice pipe! The wheels can always be powder coated (even painted) and maybe vinyl wrap the frame.
Thats the one! It is indeed a pretty penny. I can see the powder costing of the frame costing a lot. Would be a PITA to get all the bits out. My end game is a 'murdered out' streetfighter. Black on black.

Hey welcome Congrats on the awesome HO

Ive been down putty a few times, and to be honest, i don't consider myself a great nor terribly daring rider. I love to lean into a corner as much as the next guy, but I didn't buy an R6 because I wanted comfort, without (in my opinion) losing out on looks. :)

Yea I understand where you're coming from, but my point is about obtaining a controlled ride over bad roads, these bikes are way under damped

Yea I understand where you're coming from, but my point is about obtaining a controlled ride over bad roads, these bikes are way under damped
Yeah Fair enough. Is there anything that can be done for that issue? Or is it an inherent flaw?

Yeah plenty can be done, and to fit your budget, but seriously good pace to start spending money ie the pleasure of riding a bike with confidence and safety ?
Pm me for ideas and more info.

Nice mods! I asked in NY for a ceramic black coating for collectors, they were asking for $500, so better off buying the black one from SC-Project (it will most probably take 3-5 weeks for you to receive it as I have read - plus, I'm still waiting for my SC-Project 70's look). :)
Please post pics if possible, so we can enjoy too! Hehe

Safe riding!

Archived