The MT-07 Forum

Helmet Communicators

w1ngzer0

• Global Moderator

I am thinking of asking for a 20S for Christmas. How are you liking the 10S?

I love it! I am a simple person. All I need is the ability to call, listen to music and connect with 4 of my buds. Plus, I don't do a lot of touring, so I don't need the extended battery life, farther reception, and don't need to connect with 10 riders at a group ride. It also helps that it's satin, almost flat black, smaller, more compact & don't need that antenna sticking out. Just my opinion only and the 10s suits my needs. Also note, the unit is lined up so it stops short parallel to the opening of the eyeport and jog button lined up with the visor screws (for this helmet) and not too far back so it's not a big reach back trying to touch to back button to make a call. ?

I rock a Sena SMH10R on my lid. Love the low profile look/feel, and it's been rock solid function for price.

'15 Pearl White FZ-07 | Yoshi R77 Exhaust | ECU Reflash | Mad Hornets Shorty Levers | EvoTech Rad Guard | Yamaha Comfort Saddle | TST Industries Integrated Taillight | Motodynamics Fender Eliminator | Yamaha OEM Front LED Signals | Phillips MaxVision 130+ Bulb | OES Front/Rear Axle Sliders | Driven Racing TT Rearsets | Woodcraft 1.5" Clip-Ons | Woodcraft Engine & Water Pump Crash Cover | OEM Motocage Cage | LEDGlow SMD Mini Advanced Lighting Kit | Gilles Tooling Gauge Relocation Kit |

Happy with my Cardo too! :) but Sena seems to be more popular, therefore more riders to speak with in a group

Safe riding!

@yamz07 yes it has a separate battery pack that I placed on the bottom rear of my lid. I almost forget it's there hah. I believe my year/model 10R only has the Bluetooth 3.0, BUT I've had no issues chatting with ppl on Chatterbox and Scala intercoms. Sometimes it worked even better than Sena to Sena pairing....lol

919daa72a180bd9de5f9bdec58b50f62.jpg
47804aa9a6df93a85b1b02b1db918c42.jpg

'15 Pearl White FZ-07 | Yoshi R77 Exhaust | ECU Reflash | Mad Hornets Shorty Levers | EvoTech Rad Guard | Yamaha Comfort Saddle | TST Industries Integrated Taillight | Motodynamics Fender Eliminator | Yamaha OEM Front LED Signals | Phillips MaxVision 130+ Bulb | OES Front/Rear Axle Sliders | Driven Racing TT Rearsets | Woodcraft 1.5" Clip-Ons | Woodcraft Engine & Water Pump Crash Cover | OEM Motocage Cage | LEDGlow SMD Mini Advanced Lighting Kit | Gilles Tooling Gauge Relocation Kit |

• Premium Member

I have a 20s, but have only really used it for a couple of phone calls and mostly for listening to the radio. I really like it so far...

• Premium Member

I picked up the Sena 10c. I was worried about how complicated it might be given all of its features but its pretty intuitive. Great video quality, video tagging seemless bluetooth also I can charge while using via SAE. Best of all with the optional 3.5mm adaptor I can use any hp drivers I can manage to stuff in my helmet.
Wasn't cheap but would happily shell out for it again.  Now I need another for my wife.  I'd post pics but Im on vacation.  :)

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

• Premium Member

Me and a bud use Sena SMH10's to give each other shet while riding. When alone, I pipe Pandora through it. Just using the pod speakers for now, but if I ever decide to get custom earplugs with IEM's, I'll get the base with 3.5mm earphone jack.

- Andy

• Premium Member

I used the boom when I initially installed my Sena 20S but after it kept getting knocked out of place putting the helmet on and off, I've gone with the other mic.

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

• Global Moderator

This is a great thread. You guys have convinced me to put a Sena on my Christmas list.

Communication is key in a group or 2up environment. Plus, nothing like listening to Sinatra while blasting through corners.?

Yep use the lav mic attached with velcro. Has worked flawlessly for me and hasn't budged a bit with daily use

I can vouch for the 10c as well. I got mine about a year or so ago and I love mine. The girlfriend has an SMH-10. I was able to snag that off Revzilla for only $110. It is so nice to be able to talk with her on the bikes, especially while she's learning. My only complaint on the 10c is it sticks out further than the 20s and even the SMH-10, but not that much further. It's not a huge deal and it is something I can easily live with, but it may bother others.

• 3 weeks later...
martyinaustin

yeah, just put my new 20S to work today. didn't have anyone to talk to via intercomm
but i answered a phone call and it sounded great. and i LOVE how the brain unit
disconnects.

marty

Sena is awesome! Bought a mounting kit for the other helmet so I don't need to buy another whole unit! 

Hey, I just put the clamp kit (#SMH-A0302) for the SMH-10 on my new Lid. I thought the wired mic would work better on this full-face. Used duct tape to secure the speaker and mic wires.

Archived