The MT-07 Forum

The Gixess, or how I discovered that red goes with black

manuel

Boys and girls, I have sinned. The FZ is gone. The bike I cut my teeth on, the one I waited for for months (yes, kids, when they got released back in 2014, one had to wait for a Fizzy!), the one that taught me all I know, is gone. The one.

It's because of Suzi! She put dirty things in my head. She showed me what a real twin-spar frame can do. She howled hard at me when I twisted the throttle in ways that only a K5 can do (my cocky carbon Akra had a bit of its bubble burst, I'll say...). She cornered fast, relaxed, just following my gaze. She flashed her fully adjustable fork at me and blinked from her carbon fibre tank pad and side covers. She traction controlled me in the rain (yup, delivery day was rainy!) and she delightfully ABS-ed the crap out of me with her Bosch electronics and radial Brembos and MC. And after all that, she didn't take all my money. She left some, just enough for me to get her a rad guard, a fender eliminator and some proper LED flashers. She then left some more because all she wanted was some company for the winter.

I know, like others, I laughed at her when she got introduced to the world, but a test ride and a look at what's beyond that tiny fairing made me realize that there is way more to her than meets the eye. And then, what meets the eye is decent - she's Japanese and she's proud of it.

What can I say? Fizzy will always have a special place. But Suzi is the new toy and we'll explore together things that were not experienced before. For the sake of research. And clearly for the sake of mid life crisis. Cheers to that!

P.S. Yes, of course I seriously looked at FZ-10 (I swear to God, the bike was actually looking back at me! Weird!) and could not make it work. It's me! I could not get past the apparent quality of the package (let me clarify, I know the under that flimsy plastic there is a gem, but bikes for me are toys so looks matter - I like the crazy design, what irks me is the choice of materials and the apparent assembly quality!) and with the CAD3,400 difference before tax (discounts considered), the decision was easy. If I wanted to spend that money, the Tuono 1100 RR would've been the choice (for $200 more). And with Suzi, 5 years of warranty and an accessory package will not hurt the value for the money calculations either.

IMG_20160928_174623.jpg

*waits for @beemer to post the pic*

Grats on the new bike. I personally feel like there should be some type of bike of the month club where they give a bike to ride for a month (or 3 or 6) for a subscription because everytime I buy a new bike, the love and sparkle lasts roughly around 2-3 months before I want something new again. *sigh*

*waits for @beemer to post the pic* 
Grats on the new bike. I personally feel like there should be some type of bike of the month club where they give a bike to ride for a month (or 3 or 6) for a subscription because everytime I buy a new bike, the love and sparkle lasts roughly around 2-3 months before I want something new again. *sigh*
As I said, it's all for the sake of research, getting to experience new, different, sometimes better things...Not that different from wine-tasting....Thank God my wife can't see the BS I am posting. 

Congrats. I have been looking at that same bike myself.
Thanks Aaron, it really is a nice bike! At this point, I am struggling to see a better value proposition - but that's just my view. 

bigdaddybane

Congrats on your new bike. This will be one of the top 3 bikes I can see myself riding after FZ07... excellent bang for a buck, fantastic package and it looks like a whole lot of fun. Enjoy!

[attachment id=2368" thumbnail="1]< "And the deer said, "Now the man has all he needs, a new Suzuki! Now his sadness will stop!"

But the wise owl said no. I saw a hole in the man, deep like a hunger he will never fill. It is what makes him sad and makes him want. He will go on replacing and replacing until one day the motorcycle industry will say, "We have no more to give."

Ha, ha! That's a purty bike, congrats! 

Beemer

< "And the deer said, "Now the man has all he needs, a new Suzuki! Now his sadness will stop!"

But the wise owl said no. I saw a hole in the man, deep like a hunger he will never fill. It is what makes him sad and makes him want. He will go on replacing and replacing until one day the motorcycle industry will say, "We have no more to give."

no..no, that's the wrong pic! 

< "And the deer said, "Now the man has all he needs, a new Suzuki! Now his sadness will stop!"

And the sly fox said: "The man wants to discover, he needs to see how the I4 feels, he'll skip the Harley and will later experiment with the V4 and maybe electric. And then, and only then he will say 'Now I know what I like' and his knowledge will be as complete as it can be for his brain size...". 
And in the rarefied air on top of the tall oak tree, the dizzy squirrel with a very short attention span said: "Hell yeah, shiny bike, rock'n roll, dude!".

I guess I'll always be a squirrel at heart....

Well played Beemer!

Sweet! I went GSX-R1000 but kept the FZ.
Awesome. All my experienced friends tell me that the K5 engine that my bike uses (slightly altered) is a hell of a motor. It certainly sounds the business!

• Premium Member
Sweet! I went GSX-R1000 but kept the FZ.
Awesome. All my experienced friends tell me that the K5 engine that my bike uses (slightly altered) is a hell of a motor. It certainly sounds the business!
More power than you will ever need but that's the point.  

2015 FZ-07 2003 2014 GSXR 1000

• Premium Member

Congrats! Also, red and black always go together...

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

Yeah! Breaking her in now and the max recommended rpm is 5700, but I make the point in taking her there vigorously in every gear. Addictive rush!!! And that sound!! 
Side note: requires a bit more effort to lean over (longer wheelbase, I guess, and the 190/50 tire in the back does not look as pointy as the one on the FZ) but it does so in predictable increments.  Very communicative.

Hey! I know you from the GSXS Forums, haha. Great looking bike, can't wait to get one next year!
Of course! Good to see you here, too, AJ!

And the sly fox said: "The man wants to discover, he needs to see how the I4 feels, he'll skip the Harley and will later experiment with the V4 and maybe electric. And then, and only then he will say 'Now I know what I like' and his knowledge will be as complete as it can be for his brain size...". 
And in the rarefied air on top of the tall oak tree, the dizzy squirrel with a very short attention span said: "Hell yeah, shiny bike, rock'n roll, dude!".

I guess I'll always be a squirrel at heart....

Well played Beemer!
My press secretary made me do it. 
Oh yeah, I almost forgot!!

[attachment id=2370" thumbnail="1] (It's just tradition you know, nothing personal, ha!)

Beemer

Hey, I still have some FZ parts around, so technically I'm still an owner, lol. Come on, let's be civilized ;)

• Premium Member
Yeah! Breaking her in now and the max recommended rpm is 5700, but I make the point in taking her there vigorously in every gear. Addictive rush!!! And that sound!! 
Side note: requires a bit more effort to lean over (longer wheelbase, I guess, and the 190/50 tire in the back does not look as pointy as the one on the FZ) but it does so in predictable increments.  Very communicative.
Yeah the FZ is more flickable compared to most all bikes.  

That's true - effortless. But I like that I can take the Gixxes further (true, with proper focus and care, way more than on the FZ!) - later on brakes (man, the front brake feedback is great!) more lean angle, faster on gas...higher spec everything makes the difference. 

• Premium Member
That's true - effortless. But I like that I can take the Gixxes further (true, with proper focus and care, way more than on the FZ!) - later on brakes (man, the front brake feedback is great!) more lean angle, faster on gas...higher spec everything makes the difference.
Yeah you don't have to explain anything to me ;) 

Archived