mjh937

Artist Point, WA Ride

mjh937
I went on a fun ride up Mt. Baker with a friend on Thursday. 

IMG_0469.jpg

IMG_0470.jpg

IMG_0471.jpg

IMG_0472.jpg

• Like 4

lybrium
Beauty shot from the top!

Beemer
Nice place! I'm so jealous! What gear mostly coming up the mountain and did the bike pull well for the task? No one ever talks about that so this is for the record. Something to go toward info for anyone thinking about getting an FZ-07.

mjh937
It is only 5,000' at the top. The bike ran great with no noticeable power loss. The engine temperature was about 15° warmer than normal on the way up due to the slope and lower speeds. It was mostly second, third and fourth gear as there are obviously lots of tight corners and not many straight sections. It is definitely a fun ride and the FZ-07 handles it nicely.
  • Like 1

hippiebikerchick
Hubs rode his FZ09 to the top of Pikes Peak (14K+ elevation) a few weeks ago and said the bike handled fantastically. No power loss at all. (There was even some snow at the peak)

No I didn't ride that day. I was too chicken, but I did ride through Garden of the Gods!
  • Like 1

rossco
Hey I am right on the boarder. id love to get a ride in with people in washington. I do baker 5/5 times a month. Shoot me a PM maybe we can swap a time to ride together!

I am in Vancouver BC
  • Like 1

versysrider
Nice, we had some great weather in Sept/Oct. Wish we had some dry 60 degree days now, oh well, maybe in 5 months.

On a side note: I've had 3 Street Triple R's, great bikes, but I like the FZ's better. Love the Crystal White of your friends bike, I had 2 matte grey's, and 1 blazing orange.
  • Like 1

'16 Yamaha FZ-07, '15 Yamaha FZ-09