The MT-07 Forum

Bluish exhaust

themuell

Hey guys.

I ride the snot out the bike the other day and the exhaust pipes are bluish.

I did do the poor man exhaust mod(drilled holes).
The bikes temp is normal (temp gauge).

Does anyone else have blue pipes? I'm a little concerned about running to lean.
The spark plugs are light grey.... border line acceptable.

The "bike temp" you mentioned is simply coolant temp. You won't see a change there. You'd need an EGT to truly see what the temperature is in the exhaust... and since you don't have any data on what it was like completely stock, then anything collected now would be useless.

The bluing is just where heat is. Being near the engine will do it, but so will large changes in pressure. For example, a change in pipe size that isn't necessarily a smooth transition can lead to a heat spot developing.

So it really just depends on where exactly you are talking about it bluing.

• Premium Member

My (stock) headers have turned blue-ish near the bends, I don't think it's something to worry about. Then again, I could be wrong....

It's all about keeping that rubber side down.

• Global Moderator

Mine have had bluish tint since shortly after I got it. My bike was completely stock (exhaust and intake wise) until I did the ECU flash about a month ago. It is not something to worry about.

• Premium Member

It's normal to see blue hues just after the first bend off the exhaust port...in fact exhaust companies each use different materials and thickness or finishes which contribute a wide range of colors and textures of exhaust pipes... 

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

Archived