The MT-07 Forum

BikeMaster 7/8'ths heated grips

topazsparrow

Bought them on sale via FortNine.ca

Having troubles installing them. The throttle tube is a bit too big and I'm having a hard time keeping it from slipping with the provided glue... gonna have to rig up some janky solution I guess.

The clutch side grip was too small and I needed to sand the paint off my Drag bars to make it fit - Now that it's on, I'm not sure if I'll be able to get it off again without cutting it.

After installing the grips enough for a test, I hooked up the power to the battery and cranked it to the highest setting.... After 5 - 10 minutes the grips were warm, but not anything I'd describe as "hot". I honestly question whether I'll even feel them through my gloves while riding in cold air.

I'd return them, but there's no way to get it off without sending them back in an "unused" state as is required.

Anyone else with experience with heated grips care to chime in? Are they typically not super warm?

Something is not right with them. I have Oxford heated grips on my KLR and they get VERY hot. Hot enough that I rarely have them turned up to 100%.

I think you damaged them or installed them incorrectly, my BikeMaster heated grips get insanely hot on settings 4 and 5, I rarely use anything higher than 3.

Archived