The MT-07 Forum

Converting back seat in a Top Case Mounting.

felipejd

Hello everyone, having all good tracks?

Look, I want to use the back seat engage/hooking system to put my top case. I want something like the sw-motech "seat-rack".

seat-rack

But first, I want to ask if anyone has experience with this, is there any other better, cheaper?. Anyone is selling one of this used?.

Thanks to all !!

have nice rides!

• Premium Member

If I understand your question correctly, you want to attach your bag using the stock rear seat hooking system. Doesn't seem that difficult to me.

At least two ways to go, off hand: 1) use a stock seat base for your starting point and build enough of a riser to attached the bag and VIOLA! What you make the riser out of depends on your skill and stock available. I'd mold one out of fiberglass, probably using a small Tupperware-like container for a mold. MANY sizes and shapes are available from which to choose. I've done this for a number of things and the Tupperware works nicely because you don't need to mess with mold-release agents. The finished product just "pops" out with a twist. 2) you can make your own base-plate using an original one as a guide. I'd do so out of aluminum stock and build from there, much like with the above (fiberglass) since one would want the base to end up being water-tight. Otherwise, a simple aluminum stand could be attached to the aluminum base and the bag-of-choice attached to that. Just some thoughts... all the best.

• Premium Member
Picking this up tomorrow, let ya know how it goes.
That link isn't showing anything on Amazon. Have another?
Try this. 
Got it installed yesterday, which was super easy -- it just straps around the rear seat.  Haven't had a chance to use it yet and probably won't until Tuesday, but it seems like it has plenty of space for what I intend to use it for, which is a pair of shoes, some hand tools, a soldering kit, and crimp tools.  (I do commercial AV integration)

It expands too and has a rain cover, so far it seems like really good build quality.  

It's all about keeping that rubber side down.

That link isn't showing anything on Amazon. Have another?
Try this. 
Got it installed yesterday, which was super easy -- it just straps around the rear seat.  Haven't had a chance to use it yet and probably won't until Tuesday, but it seems like it has plenty of space for what I intend to use it for, which is a pair of shoes, some hand tools, a soldering kit, and crimp tools.  (I do commercial AV integration)

It expands too and has a rain cover, so far it seems like really good build quality.  
Weird, that doesn't work either but I found it anyway and this should work for others. That's a popular bag, btw. 
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=YAMAHA-NELSON-RIGG-16-22L

Beemer

• Premium Member
Any pics of the Nelson/Yamaha bag mounted?

Sure, here ya go!

1a72de337e7f0e691ae34aa14b069de1.jpg
23130d0e2acbe64acde44ea74d3be3a6.jpg892b7005be13c81c1a4514a801184927.jpg79d5682018c587784421d2dd2ccfccca.jpg

This is expanded:

a5275ac7c5535d96a947a6999eae1e84.jpg
ffe951fb488bfcd5bfef0136fd0ec3fb.jpg

I just kind of shoved the rain cover in, it folds down pretty small and doesn't take a lot of room when done right(unlike in this picture):

3ee146f8d9f996d43d10653a44c81542.jpg

I ended up buying a second seat and permanently affixing my Nelson bag to it for easy swapping. I removed the seat cover/foam and mounted the bag to it using some bolts and existing holes in the seat pan. I also sandwiched a piece of plexiglass and some rubber drawer matting on the inside bottom of the bag for rigidity. I just wish I had black matting instead of beige...but I'm the only one who ever sees it.

74b6de309f7d9c4826ebab5cfb4d4a4a.jpg
36a2e4e9f5cc22dcba43dcc101591477.jpg
0dba63f9139cc7b1deaa2cad8d8572aa.jpg
b4483fbcd1e2b04019b0e54dae868278.jpg

2016 Raven (White) ~ Akrapovic Carbon Exhaust / 2WDW ECU Flash / CRG LS Mirrors / Seat Concepts Seat / Givi Windscreen / OES Sliders / R6 Throttle Tube / Ohlins YA419 & NIX22

• Premium Member

That's a great idea, how much did the extra seat cost?

Archived