The MT-07 Forum

What boots???

ren76

Haha, yeah @duenan . No insole issue, but they do make a lot of noise just walking in them. They are tall boots, so until the leather breaks in (which seems like forever to me... ), I think that noise will be around for awhile. Oh, and they don't stay perfectly glossy like they do on day one (What you see in the photo). They are upfront about how the leather will basically discolor as you use them. I don't mind it, makes it look like I go places.  

[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/znydScRdxb]

I watched Green Room recently.  Let's see, you are on a white bike, and you have red laces... NOOOOOO! 

Engaging with people that have personality disorders on a message board is like arguing with a rock.

• Premium Member

LOL I had to look up what Green Room was! Thanks...?

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

Those are nice too. For here in Virginia Beach, VA, it rains sporadically and I just want to not have that mushy feet while riding. The Gaerne Boots on the other post are also Waterproof and is a must for me.
I hear ya! I live in Florida, the sporadic, sun shower capital. I'm good at running for cover when I see the clouds rolling in! No wet anything here!

Beemer

• Premium Member
Alpine stars Smx-1R. Very comfortable and look race spec

I have the same, so far I really dig them. They're comfortable enough to walk around places in and they feel great on the bike.

They do run a bit large, I wear a 9 normally and ordered these in a 7.5.

It's all about keeping that rubber side down.

Tcx has a ton of great shoes and boots that look more like street attire, but still provide motorcycle level protection. I have a pair of tcx x miles boots and with jeans over the shin guard they just look like a nice pair of black shoes. For sporty riding I wear sidi mag 1 airs for maximum protection.

Alpine stars Smx-1R. Very comfortable and look race spec
I have the same, so far I really dig them. They're comfortable enough to walk around places in and they feel great on the bike.  
They do run a bit large, I wear a 9 normally and ordered these in a 7.5.
They do tend to run large you are right.  No complaints with the fit except for the fact that I wish that you could tighten them more to your foot.  Other than that, definitely worth the money. 

Update: I tried out my new "SQUID" shoes and they're very comfortable. They do breath really well and if you have a wide foot and high instep, like I do, they are an unusually wide D size that helps to accommodate people with Barney Rubble Feet Syndrome. They flex well and are good for walking in just like a Chuck Connors High Top. I'm happy enough with them. I don't ride high speed like on a race track so I think they will offer enough protection.

[attachment id=2374" thumbnail="1]< "My boots got me the girl! I'm Chuck Connors and I approve of these boots!" [attachment id=2375" thumbnail="1] 

[attachment id=2377" thumbnail="1]< "I'm Chuck Taylor and I approve also. High tops rock!"

Beemer

The best boots I have ever owned are the Sidi Canyon Gortex boots link

http://images3.revzilla.com/product_images/0014/2876/Sidi_Canyon_Gore-Tex_Boots_detail.jpg

I wear these dirtbiking and Street riding. Took them on a crazy trail last weekend and ended up helping to retrieve somes bike out of a stream. Stood in water for 20 minutes and never got one drop in the boots, seriously!

Easy to walk in once they break in, looks killer too.

The ratcheting strap is amazing. No need to tie or loop any belts. Just click the ratcheting button a few times to tighten.

Amazing boots, super water proof and very very tough and protective. I love these boots!

• Premium Member

Sidi canyon boots...they run bigger than normal...I should have gotten them a whole size smaller...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• 1 month later...
Sidi canyon boots...they run bigger than normal...I should have gotten them a whole size smaller...
Would you consider these boots good for guys with trim ankles/calves , bird legs even? I wear Sidi Discovery's for dual sporting and like their fit but the same size Garne's oiled adv. boots were huge for me at the calves...thanks 

• Premium Member

I got the wrong size and couldn't return em cuz they got scratched... So I have a pair that a size too big and they offer a lot of room at the calves without shin guard's...If you normally wear a 12, I would get an 11

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

Thanks norcal616, my Discovery's are 42, 8.5 US and fit well so probably just go for the same in the Canyons...still not decided if those aren't a bit more than I need for my casual streeting, might need to look at some lower versions.

Archived