The MT-07 Forum

What boots???

ren76

Have a couple pairs of MX boots, but I've never owned something for the street. I used to flip bikes too much to get attached to any matching gear or what not. :)  Now that I've settled on my dream bike, I wonder... What are people wearing for boots on the street? And if you could describe your overall impression of them in one or two sentences, it would be appreciated!

• Premium Member

Depends on what level of protection you're looking for... There are urban styles that look more like shoes to sport boots that are made for the track...

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

Guest ChicagoAJ

I don't like boot boots because you can't do much in them if you need to walk, so I use a riding shoe/high-top. Alpinestars and Speed & Strength make good street shoes. But lately I've just been using DC, Osiris, or Supra skate shoe high-tops.

I lean towards Alpinestars street boots type (Dainese and others have them too) with some protection, as I don't really go long long distances nor track days and I walk with them.

Safe riding!

I primarily use, and really like, the Dainese TR-Course Out Leather Boots. 
?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.extremesupply.com%2FMerchant2%2Fgraphics%2F00000001%2F600x600%2Fdainese%2Fdainese-tr-course-out-d-wp-boots.jpg&f=1

Revzilla
Another vote for these. Very happy with them so far. I've done 7k miles, 6 months of street riding in them and they are holding up just fine.

I wear a pair of waterproof high top Chucks. One of the new All-Star II Counter Climate shoes. Neoprene lined, Nike insole included.

Not a motorcycle boot by any means, but they sure are comfortable and solidly built, with plenty of traction.

Guest 2wheeler

Alpinestars SMX-6

More boot than I would pay for especially for street riding, but I got an as-new pair on Craigslist for 1/2 price, so......

Nice boot!

p><p> <a href=https://s21.postimg.org/5zuoo8dav/bates.jpg' alt='bates.jpg'> 

http://www.batesfootwear.com/US/en/adrenaline/20367M.html?dwvar_20367M_color=E08800#cgid=powersports&start=1

All day wear comfortable and easy to walk in as long as it isn't too hot.

I have a different style of Bates boots as well and they're comfortable to walk in. For hot weather they do offer these in red/blk and blk. 
http://www.batesfootwear.com/US/en/beltline/20368M.html?dwvar_20368M_color=E08806#cgid=men-style-boots&prefn1=bestFor&prefv1=PowerSports&start=1

Beemer

IMG_4670.jpg

A fellow short (guessing 5'6"?) skinny rider!

Man, I own 2 boots, well, 1 is a boot, the other is a "riding shoe" but its a high-top with ankle protection.  But my expensive boots which I've used for at least 2 years, its thick and chunky and everything.  Then I bought the riding shoes (sidi) and been using that for almost a year, then recently I put the boots back on to ride my semi-new motorcycle (not Fz07) that I've never used the original boots on, and I freaking made a lot of errors.  Like mis-shifting, and even stopping and putting my foot down was not good and things like that.  I can't believe just a slight change in footwear and I end up messing things up.

Engaging with people that have personality disorders on a message board is like arguing with a rock.

IMG_4670.jpg
A fellow short (guessing 5'6"?) skinny rider! 
Man, I own 2 boots, well, 1 is a boot, the other is a "riding shoe" but its a high-top with ankle protection.  But my expensive boots which I've used for at least 2 years, its thick and chunky and everything.  Then I bought the riding shoes (sidi) and been using that for almost a year, then recently I put the boots back on to ride my semi-new motorcycle (not Fz07) that I've never used the original boots on, and I freaking made a lot of errors.  Like mis-shifting, and even stopping and putting my foot down was not good and things like that.  I can't believe just a slight change in footwear and I end up messing things up.
[/quote I actually love them. Feel like workboots. Waterproof and don't need to adjust shifter at all.

Well from the stuff I see posted here, I think an actual boot is more where I'm headed, cause walking isn't a factor for me, more protection. No one boot stands out here, but a lot of the brand names keep coming up. Obviously trying a few different pairs out in the dealer will give me a better idea.... Thanks to all for all present and future input. My ears and mind are always open :)

Those are nice too. For here in Virginia Beach, VA, it rains sporadically and I just want to not have that mushy feet while riding. The Gaerne Boots on the other post are also Waterproof and is a must for me.

Oh yeah, I should've said which two boots I wear. Sorry, I got sidetracked.

stylmartin indian boots (just google it)

I bought those for its classic, non-motorcycle boot look. Truthfully, it isn't as big and clunky as many motorcycle boots but relative to my other boot, its pretty thick and solid. I don't recommend these boots for the price I paid, they have defective inner sole gluing in which the inner soles (that can't be seen or gotten to) have been glued improperly or the glue is weak so the glue separates, but when you step down, the glue presses together again, but when your arch bends as you are at the end of the stride, the glue separates again and it makes this awful noise of it separating. Its not a function issues, its just a noise which is annoying. I sent the boots back in to revzilla for replacement, they replaced it with a brand new pair... that does the exact same thing (I know for sure its a new pair because I had to break it in again). BUT @motomeek has the same boots and she doesn't have this issue, so I just had 2 bad draws.

My other pair are Sidi Insiders.

I don't recommend it at all. In fact, I'd go so far as to say stay away from all white soled riding shoes UNLESS you are ok with replacing them often because the white rubbers wear out quickly. I'm ok with replacing them so I'll keep buying white soled riding shoes such as the ones wingzero posted, I might pick those up. But as far as my Sidi Insider goes, the rubber started to tear in 3 days! I had to have revzilla replace it, but then the new ones, there is a inner design which also started to tear in the first week, but I just ripped it off and keep using the shoes since the tear is just on the outer layer. If you read reviews on most if not all of those white rubber riding shoes, they all have the same issue of quick wear and tear. So you have to keep that in mind when you buy those types of shoes/boots.  But otherwise, they all look great! :P

Engaging with people that have personality disorders on a message board is like arguing with a rock.

• Premium Member

Haha, yeah @duenan . No insole issue, but they do make a lot of noise just walking in them. They are tall boots, so until the leather breaks in (which seems like forever to me... ), I think that noise will be around for awhile. Oh, and they don't stay perfectly glossy like they do on day one (What you see in the photo). They are upfront about how the leather will basically discolor as you use them. I don't mind it, makes it look like I go places. 

[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/znydScRdxb]

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

The cool thing about the soles are they aren't hospital white and more of a distressed white. Plus, I know I'm on a bike, so cleaning is a no go. Just conditioning for the leather and keep it moving.

Archived