The MT-07 Forum

What do you do with your keys?

KamelReds

• Premium Member

Trying to find a better solution than having a loose key, what are y'all doing with your bike key?

I have this, but I can just imagine the kind of damage it would cause on my bike:

f2mmPm6.jpg

It's all about keeping that rubber side down.

I usually have my bike key separated from the rest as if I'm riding I don't want my carabiner and other keys damaging the key areas. These make it super easy to take the key on and off! https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00AQ664H6/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1474906275&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=Key+system

Also a tritium vial stays on the key because it glows in the dark.

Guest ChicagoAJ
I have all my keys on a key ring and the bike key on a carabiner that attaches to that ring. I detach and put in in the ignition and leave the other keys in my pocket.  
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/71hLJ82h4UL._SL1500_.jpg
This, I have one of those specifically for my bike key. I clip mine on my backpack whenever I'm not riding the bike so I know exactly where the key is all the time (assuming I know where I last put my backpack down).

• Premium Member

I use to those carabiners, but they would sometimes UNCLIP. They now have a model with a locking mechanism for it, but I was over it. I too purchased a keysmart.

I use the keysmart for all my keys and keep my vehicle keys separate. I take public transportation most of the time, so I don't need to carry my vehicle key with me all the time.

And my wife tried the keysmart with a copy of her FZ key in it. It was just too awkward to handle with the ignition.

I like the keyport for its slim design as well, but getting copies of each key is just too much of a hassle to me.

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

• Premium Member

I have a LOT of vehicles and thusly a lot of keys. However, I find that usually I can only ride or drive one at a time so I simply have each vehicle key separate on a board and grab the one I want for any given trip. No "wad" of keys hanging from the ignition to scratch things up nor bulging in my pocket. And, where I live it doesn't matter one way or another if I lock the house, shop, garage so no keys to bother with there. Simple life IS tough, hehehe!!!

• Premium Member

I bought one of these and love it. I can stick it in my pocket so the tag is sticking up and always pull out my key easily. It looks cool and won's do any damage.  It is still separate, but easy to find.
s-l500.jpg

Why can't left turners see us?

I have my bike key on one of those “remove before flight " key chains. I keep my car+ house keys separate- either at home or in a pocket/backpack.

I have my bike key on one of those “remove before flight " key chains. I keep my car+ house keys separate- either at home or in a pocket/backpack.
Do this also, really easy access in your pocket with the key chain and not intrusive at all while it is in your pocket.

Archived