The MT-07 Forum

New Utah rider.

dcdavid12

Just picked up a 2015 FZ-07 as my first bike and I'm hooked!!

Being a new rider I'd love to hear some tips on regular maintenance type things that I should be doing. Being in northern Utah it will be snowing in a month. How should I go about storing my bike for the winter? What should I do to the bike? Suggestions on where to put the bike?

Pretty much any tips are welcome being a novice...

I'd love to hear from some people. Thanks!

Here's a pic from my ride today up Guardsman Pass. Can't complain when this is 20 minutes away....
http://s36.photobucket.com/user/david_dickerson2/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_2900_zps6qc7wqvm.jpg.html

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Welcome! I live in CA but hubs and I are in Perry, UT with our bikes. Utah is a beautiful state! We are riding to Bear Lake today.

I don't have any tips, our chains already have some rust.

Illegitimi non carborundum

There are several of us Utah riders on here. I'm down in Orem. Guardsman is really pretty right now, I agree!

I have ridden pretty much every month of the year here. When we get a nice sunny day during the winter with ice free roads....bundle up and ride! :)

• Premium Member

Welcome! Beautiful photo! You can add the images in here instead of via a link.

Anyway, check our the search and look under something like "Winterize your bike"

I like in CA, so I don't have to do that... haha.

But just keep searching under maintenance stuff. There are tons of threads. Learn to clean, lube, and adjust your chain... That's pretty basic.

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

Archived