The MT-07 Forum

Windscreen - Tint or No-Tint?

Guest 2wheeler

Guest 2wheeler

I've decided to get rid of my Givi as it's really not that effective. It is cool looking, but now I want to have something that has decent looks and is functional.

I've pretty much decided to go with the Dart Manta next. More protection with still a cool factor. So, here's where my problem comes in. The Dart Manta is available in three shades: light tint, dark tint, and midnight tint. For many reasons, I'm not going with the midnight tint which leaves me the choice between the dark and the light tint. With the Givi it really didn't matter much how dark it is as it was so low to start with and you really weren't looking through the windscreen. The Dart is noticeably higher, and I wonder if at night that dark tint will cause problems especially if you are going any real distance at night.

All my previous bikes had clear windshields, and this is the first time I went with a dark tint. Other than a serious cool factor with the FZ, I just don't get the dark screen thing other than aesthetics. I'm wearing sunglasses when needed, so a dark windscreen is redundant.

I have the devil/angel on my shoulders... one is saying go with the light tint, it's the most logical; the devil is saying, go with the dark tint if you want to have that cool look. In the past when I am in these type of sitruations, I usually go with the devil.

Any thoughts/experience with tints on windscreens?

The only time you will be looking through the screen is in full tuck with much lower bars, the screen feels very similar to superbike screen in that regard. The tint is immaterial with stock handlebars.

Archived