The MT-07 Forum

Do all slip on exhausts remove the catalytic converter?

attackcat109

Here's the link causing my confusion: http://www.sportbiketrackgear.com/m4-yamaha-fz-07-15-16-carbon-fiber-slip-on-exhaust/

I want the m4 slip on exhaust, a) because I like the way it sounds and b) because full systems are too dang expensive for my broke college wallet (the slip on is much more manageable - at least from my standpoint). But I see the words "It removes the stock catalytic converter and reduces the weight of the FZ-07 by 8.5lbs". Do all slip on's remove their converters or is this just a thing from the fz07 line as you have to cut it apart to get it on? Do the full systems come with converter's? I couldn't find info on this. All info is highly appreciated! :)

All slip on exhausts remove the cat.
Most full exhausts do not include a cat. Very few have the option. Akrapovic, leovince , mivv(I think) they're all extra items

do you notice anything when you breathe the CO-1 or is it highly unnoticeable since it shoots it back? I know it's called the silent killer, but surely i imagine those who can't lane split would feel some effect of it after sitting in traffic.

do you notice anything when you breathe the CO-1 or is it highly unnoticeable since it shoots it back? I know it's called the silent killer, but surely i imagine those who can't lane split would feel some effect of it after sitting in traffic.

As long as you aren't in an enclosed space it won't accumulate enough for you to notice.

Cool thanks for all the info, kinda puts some of my worries to rest. Now I just hope if someone sees this thread they can tell me if the m4 is super loud. I don't feel like wearing ear plugs, but dang does it sound nice in videos. The rest just seem to sound kinda weak, but I feel that may be due to the videos themselves.

I haven't looked at every slip-on system but everyone I've seen thus far you have to do the cutting. I got a full system Akrapovic carbon fiber and had to take the whole stock exhaust system off. (Can, cat, header pipe) there is the thread about drilling holes in your stock system to make it sound better if you really want to save $$$ but apparently not everyone likes the sound of the bike afterward so it looks risky, IMO. Good luck!

Beemer

Archived