The MT-07 Forum

Exhaust OCD

clintfish

So i've been through most of the exhaust manufacturers that are currently producing systems for the FZ (Mine is a MT-07HO). I'm not sure if its just me, but apart from the Akra Ti, there does not seem to be a 'sophisticated' looking exhaust. It may just be my OCD, but I don't want my bike to be just another bike with a carbon fibre stump sticking out the side like it was made for 400 bikes, and bend in shape to fit this one, or an exhaust that goes all the way to the tail of the back wheel, to me, looks silly, and changes the look of the bike completely. Id just get the titanium, but it seems with the baffle in, it doesn't sound aggressive enough until 8K rpm, and the twin pipe baffle looks strange. And with the baffle out, you wake zombies in the graveyard, and get defected every afternoon on the way home. 

I like the Leo Vince and how it sits underneath, but to me, the logo and system looks out of place, like it has not been fitted correctly to the bike. The Ixil Super Extreme is a really nice looking system, but from the other side, there is no cover like there is on the rear brake lever side, and it just looks un finished also. Like, if you are going to bother putting carbon fiber panel on one side, put it on both for some consistency! haha.

I'm waiting for something that fits nicely in the huge amount of space left by the stock removal, and looks like someone has taken more than 5 mins mapping the pipes along the chassis, and not just having them stick out inches. Or maybe I should see a doctor haha

• Premium Member

I took the Leo Vince sticker off my exhaust cuz I also didn't like the sticker cuz it was not needed...I like the laser engraving Akrapovic did for the European bikes if they wanted to buy it thru the dealership as an add on ...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• Premium Member

I agree (mostly) so maybe I'm OCD too. I went with the Akra Ti because, to me, it looks like it was designed by someone who really studied the bike to come up with something that fit it mechanically and aesthetically. I have the baffle in, and although I sometimes wish it had a little more volume, I have had loud exhausts before, and I remind myself how annoying and fatiguing that can get when actually riding. I then enjoy the sweet non-irritating harmonic tone being emitted from the beautifully machined titanium work of art exquisitely mated in perfect harmony with my machine.

...so I'm OCD and full of shit. :)

Why can't left turners see us?

I agree (mostly) so maybe I'm OCD too. I went with the Akra Ti because, to me, it looks like it was designed by someone who really studied the bike to come up with something that fit it mechanically and aesthetically. I have the baffle in, and although I sometimes wish it had a little more volume, I have had loud exhausts before, and I remind myself how annoying and fatiguing that can get when actually riding. I then enjoy the sweet non-irritating harmonic tone being emitted from the beautifully machined titanium work of art exquisitely mated in perfect harmony with my machine.  
...so I'm OCD and full of Shet. :)
Yeah I have to agree. I think someone has modified the baffles in the Akra Ti, as in cut them in half. So you get no defects, but a little better than stock sound. Have you tried it with the baffle out? Is it insane? Do you have a EJK or similar?

...so I'm OCD and full of Shet. :)
"I then enjoy the sweet non-irritating harmonic tone being emitted from the beautifully machined titanium work of art exquisitely mated in perfect harmony with my machine." 
G-damn, you talk sweeter than Elly May on a spring day! I almost wish I'd bout the TI instead! lol!  :D

Beemer

• Premium Member

@clintfish I haven't tried it with the baffle out, but I've read enough reviews and seen enough videos to know I wouldn't like it. I don't have a fuel controller, and that is one of the nice things about running with baffle in - it runs as good as with stock exhaust (if not better).

Why can't left turners see us?

You're not OCD, you're just constipated and grumpy and you need more fiber. I suggest the Akrapovic carbon fiber.  ;)
I love the ceramic Black... :)

Guest 2wheeler
My new obssession fits your needs - SC Project
You know it does. Have you got one? What's the sound like? Very nice looking in the black.
I don't have one..... YET 
Here's two for you....

Hi mate

Have you seen the Black Widow Exhausts

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/MT07-MT-07-14-16-De-cat-Exhaust-System-200mm-Stainless-Carbon-Silencer-200ST-/142046921452

I have this fitted to my bike. They also do a carbon version. Build quality is first class, cost is brilliant, but quite loud even with the baffle in.
I chose it for the looks, & value

• Premium Member

Really digging the toce exhaust. Looks great and seems to sound pretty awesome.

Price is good too.

It's all about keeping that rubber side down.

Archived