The MT-07 Forum

Where to buy tires?

chickenchickendinner

chickenchickendinner

This may or may not have been asked before...who has the best prices on new tires? I need a rear size 180/55ZR17. My bike Came with stock Bridgestone battlax and not sure if I should stick with them or go with Michelin pilot sport 3. I've read some people getting good deals on a set, front and rear, for $200 or so. I, however can't find those kind of deals. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Ps. I have a flat rear tire that I need to replace.

• Global Moderator

I am thinking of the PR4's when mine need replacing. I have not researched tire prices yet but just wanted to give you another option to think about.

motorcycle-superstore.com is having a sale till 9/30. bridgestone has a $50 card as a rebate. Between chaparral-racing.com/motorcycle-tires, tiresunlimited.com, bikebandit, motorcycletires.com, discountmototires.com, compacc.com/tires

you can stumble on a pretty sweet deal.
Dunlop Q3 are on their way out so will be at the cheaper end of the range. Mich are almost always a bit more than the rest. Same for Metzeler.

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

• Premium Member

I think you're only going to get under 2 for a set if you get a rebate... rear tires are almost that much alone.

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

I like the Shinko 005 and 006 personally and the 003s are not bad either even in (sub-)freezing. The 008s are *death* unless the track and air temps are high 80's and ideally much higher.

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

I would say stick to the BT-023s unless you will be going to the track.  The stock tires offer plenty of grip for this bike.  I ditched the stock sport touring tires for S21 sport tires right away like I've done for every street bike I've bought and noticed very little to no difference this time.  In fact I've noticed NO difference in grip even after riding tight mountain roads fairly aggressively with only 1/4" chicken strips showing on the rear.  I was going to sell the stock tires like I usually do but I've decided to keep them and put them back on when I wear out the S21s.  It will be interesting to see how many miles I get on the S21s vs 023s.

When I traded the stock Dunlop tires on a DRZ400SM for Bridgestone S20s - significant difference; maybe 20-30% better grip.

When I traded stock Pilot Streets on my R3 for S20s - HUGE difference - 30-40% better grip and much better feel due to them being radials vs bias ply that came on the R3.

chickenchickendinner

**update**
Checked out different sites as you guys suggested. Some did offer great deals. I decided to get the rear tire only. Most online retailers had the Bridgestone battlax for 130-140$ not including tax or shipping....bikebandit has it for $109!! Including tax and free ground shipping.

Thanks for the help guys!

Archived