The MT-07 Forum

Need suggestions on selling bike.

rhd1607

Hey guys.

I'm seriously considering selling my 2015 FZ-07. The bike has been absolutely fantastic and problem free. Here's my dilemma. I ride alot. Like, the bike has 22,000 miles on the odometer. I purchased the bike with 0 miles and I've had the bike for about 18 months. I'd really like to buy a bike for touring since that's all I pretty much do.

Now my question is, how much should I sell it for? 

I own the bike outright, so I do have the title.
Puig Windscreen
It has a Evotech radiator guard.
Yamaha OEM belly pan.
Oxford heated grips.
Hepco and becker C-Bow saddle bags.
Barkbuster Hand guards
Frame slider
Tidy tail
TST front indicator and rear sequetial light.

Maintenance service is up to date. Never been dropped. Bike is in excellent shape.p><p> <a href=http://s14.postimg.org/3qj0jxixt/IMG_0050.jpg' alt='IMG_0050.jpg'>

Guest jrkleinow

Tough to base on with those miles. Out here in OC/LA used prices all still hover at about $6k granted that is with about 5k miles on it. I always say ask higher, you can always negotiate down. Just did a quick CraigsList search for central jersey and looks like the lowest used FZ07 is about $5500 with roughly 3k miles that is also with no upgrades.

Maybe ask $4900 OBO and see what you get.

If it were my FZ-07 I would put a blind fold on and walk the plank without any encouragement. Ha!  P-)  I kid.

I would sell all the after market stuff right here cause you aren't going to recoup as much by leaving it on the bike. Not everyone will like everything you put on it and won't want to pay 'extra' for the bike. Sorry but that's just the way it is but you can try if you want. I would then check the price for your bike in your area with it's mileage on Kelly Blue Book and go by that for a price. GL!

Beemer

Thanks for the advice fellas. I kind of figured the mileage was a killer which is fine.  I was thinking of putting the bike up for sale at 4k and work from there. 

• Global Moderator

You will do better if you put it back as close to stock as you can and sell the mods separately. It is a bit more work but will net you more money in the long run.

Take all the gear off and set the bike up for storage for a long time. Store it in a very safe place. Sell in 20+ years when it WILL be a much sort after classic ( bikes like this that are instant classics are rare).
Buy a new bike.
Unfortunately most of us can't do this, but I am guessing when you see the price of an 07 in the far future, you will be saying " Why didn't I keep it"...

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

can you give a quick review of what you like about the bike, and what you don't like?
My Pros: Love the bike. It's torquey, gas mileage is pretty damn good. Well for me anyways. Maintenance is cheap. Fun factor is always there. Turns a lot of heads. 
Cons: Not many. Not comfortable after 2 hours of riding. I've tried different seats. Still no dice. 

Looking for a bigger bike to tour on. I'd like to take my wife on longer rides with me. 

part-out the aftermarket stuff, and bring it back to stock first. then put it online. 
btw, sell me your yamaha belly pan
lol. Damn. I guess this might be the way to go. Still debating so I'll let you guys know. 

• Premium Member

Right, as repeated. Sell the add-on separately and pretend it was never modded in anyway. Many used buyers--of anything--like that. Modders often get a bad rap as racer-boys, justified or not, hehehe!!!

Guest ChicagoAJ
You will do better if you put it back as close to stock as you can and sell the mods separately. It is a bit more work but will net you more money in the long run.
This. 

Sell everything aftermarket you can if you have the original parts. That way the buyer will think they're getting something that hasn't been worked on too much. It's what I plan to do. 

Or you could have your bike and yourself frozen and put in a state of suspended animation and come back in fifty-seven years. You'd be the coolest guy on the planet, an instant celebrity. Men would shower you with beer and women would rip off their clothes and throw themselves at you. You'd be like Gandhi on an FZ!  (rofl)

Beemer

Or you could have your bike and yourself frozen and put in a state of suspended animation and come back in fifty-seven years. You'd be the coolest guy on the planet, an instant celebrity. Men would shower you with beer and women would rip off their clothes and throw themselves at you. You'd be like Gandhi on an FZ!  (rofl)
Hahaha.  I'm definitely going this route. Give this man a beer!!   :D

Archived