The MT-07 Forum

Greetings from San Diego

edgar

image.jpg

Hi guys, just picked up a 2015 a few nights ago and am super excited. I've done a msf course and have been bombing around on a grom for a few months. Sold the grom and picked up this beauty. Big difference especially in how the clutch feels between this and a grom haha. 

It it has some scratched on the plastics so I'm gonna replace those, maybe the crank case cover as well. Also going to get a fender eliminator kit. 

Quick question, if I go led in front and rear signals so I need a new relay? I'm gonna pick up those signal plug converters from tst so I'm wondering if I should also pick up their flash relay at the same time

Thats all for now, I need more riding time before any other mods. Thanks for looking and for any answers you may have for me 

• Premium Member

Welcome! And yes, you'll need a flasher relay unless you like them flashing super fast.

Have fun modding!

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

Welcome! And yes, you'll need a flasher relay unless you like them flashing super fast.  
Have fun modding!
Sweet, thanks for the reply, I've been eyeing this bike for a year so it's nice to have one finally! 

• Premium Member

Welcome! Best FZ forum around.

This is the flasher relay I picked up, its plug and play, works like a charm.

http://www.customled.com/products/elfr-1-electronic-led-flasher-relay

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

I have another question guys, I'm slowly ordering some of the beat up plastics on the bike that are bugging me, out of curiousity if I were to replace the dash with a new one, do I lose the mileage info in there? Hope it's not a dumb question, I truly have no idea. Thanks if anyone knows

Welcome and congrats! Your question is do you 'need' a relay. No, you don't 'need' one. I don't use one and although they do blink faster, about 3 X the OEM blink rate, they don't blink excessively fast like a strobe light does. Besides, studies have shown that a fast blink rate gets attention faster than a slow one. People buy brake lights that strobe initially to get attention when the brakes are applied so why not a faster blinker??? I love my fast LED's! It's relative really.

Beemer

Archived