The MT-07 Forum

New 2017 R6 Teaser

jchin3081

I know some of you may have seen this teaser video for the R6. If you haven't.

My parts buying for my FZ has been at a standstill. I've been waiting for some indication of the 2017 r6 as my next bike and not knowing how much more money I wanted to put into the FZ. Only a little longer before the unveiling. Can't wait.

Yeah, I'm thinking it should be pretty nice. I asked my guy at the dealer to keep me updated as soon as any news comes in or when they will be available. Just hoping the price isn't so inflated that I end up getting another R1 because it costs almost the same. I'm trying to stay away from trouble. Lol.

Its too bad I can't stand supersport posture and parking lot speeds with them. Otherwise I would be excited. They are sure nice to look at though.

Engaging with people that have personality disorders on a message board is like arguing with a rock.

I'm sure it'll be a fantastic bike and I would get one for the adrenaline rush of feeling like you're on a missile but for as much as I would be able to ride any super sport like it's meant to be ridden it would be a waste of money. There's just too many cars and cops around to be riding at 100+ all the time. Edit: Of course if I could afford it just for the track that would be another thing. I'm sure some people will do just that.

Beemer

• 3 weeks later...

I love it. I just wished the white came with the gold forks also, but maybe the people designing the bike tried it and it didn't look right. I guess I'll go to my go to color Blue. The black looks nice too. I'm debating about going to the dealer to put the deposit. Won't have it until next year anyways.

I love it. I just wished the white came with the gold forks also, but maybe the people designing the bike tried it and it didn't look right. I'm debating about going to the dealer to put the deposit. Won't have it until next year anyways.
Do it so you can get your free quickshifter!

Yamaha has a lot of balls releasing all these neon yellow colors.  White and neon yellow, what's next?

Engaging with people that have personality disorders on a message board is like arguing with a rock.

• Premium Member

img_1.jpg

img.jpg

img_2.jpg

Cus people like pictures...

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

Just called my dealer. He's sending me a form for the deposit. I didn't get the form yet, so I can still save myself. Lol. My wife isn't going to be happy. Haha

• Premium Member

You mean you couldn't just leave a credit card deposit by phone??? You have to return a form?!?

You mean you couldn't just leave a credit card deposit by phone??? You have to return a form?!?

I'm not sure. They just said I needed to fill one out. I've never done a deposit for a bike before. Maybe just a form with your contact info, color, etc. The dealer said the $500 deposit covers the shipping of the bike. They will get a certain amount of bikes in the showroom automatically when shipped, but these will be separate from the ones shipped.

• Premium Member

I've never NOT paid by credit card: bike, car, truck. Next time, I'd suggest you ask and perhaps speed things up a bit. Enjoy the new bike!!!

• Premium Member

I must say that though it has no shortage of superfluous creases, edges, etc. this bike is not nearly as ugly as many new sport bikes--especially Japanese. I was taught good design is based on THEME and variation... not unfettered amounts of the latter. If the black one pictured also had a black muffler (or whatever it actually is), with black levers and pedals it would be nicely passable, imho. Thanks for posting all the pix.

It's been ordered. I was going to get the white, but I just stuck with the color that always made me happy and got blue. I probally won't be getting it until around April, but atleast it's been ordered.

82c0edcf87eb16b21c03dab59c923a3b.jpg

You were right. I guess I didn't have to fill out a form. All he needed was my cc payment and driver license.

I bet it looks great in the showroom but I'm not feelin the pics. Pipe and backrest are turning me off.

Yeah, I've never been too impressed with the stock R6 exhaust either (I'm thinking to the most part, it should be the same or close to the same as the previous model). The back seat rest area I could live with. We'll see how it is once it comes out. I'm excited but I will miss the FZ-07.

I know people will probally ask "why don't you keep both?", and as much as I want to, I do not need to keep multiple bikes anymore. I don't ride as much as I used to and this should keep me satisfied for awhile.

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename
I bet it looks great in the showroom but I'm not feelin the pics. Pipe and backrest are turning me off.
Yeah, I've never been too impressed with the stock R6 exhaust either (I'm thinking to the most part, it should be the same or close to the same as the previous model). The back seat rest area I could live with. We'll see how it is once it comes out. I'm excited but I will miss the FZ-07.  
I know people will probally ask "why don't you keep both?", and as much as I want to, I do not need to keep multiple bikes anymore. I don't ride as much as I used to and this should keep me satisfied for awhile.
I want one too now...but I'll wait to see what you guys think about it. It would be my second bike. I ride long distance everyday, so I have to keep the FZ.

SigSide.jpg

I want one too now...but I'll wait to see what you guys think about it. It would be my second bike. I ride long distance everyday, so I have to keep the FZ.

When I get it, I'll make sure to meet you up so you can check it out. My buddy ordered one at the same time too.

Hopefully I made it to get the free Quick shifter for the first 500 people, but who knows. For the price, they should include it anyways.

Archived