The MT-07 Forum

Damn. Someone hit my bike :(

joey00chen

Hey guys,

Just want to bring this up to see if anyone had a similar experience with me. 

So I was in downtown Chicago, and parked my bike on the street, only went away for half an hour. After I came back, a guy told me that he saw someone hit my bike. Apparently the bike was picked up from ground, tried to pretend nothing happened. I saw some scratch on the muffler and right handle bar. Riding seems normal though.

There was a camera right above where I parked, but I not sure if I should go to the police station and let the cops find this person? It really ruined my day. 

So guys, be careful when you park you bike behind cars, especially bigger SUVs. They probably cant see our bikes from side mirrors, and backup into them.  (zzz) (zzz) (zzz)

I hate that. I was walking a school a few years back, and under a covered area under a building where people at a nearby dorm stored their motorcycles area I saw a Honda Shadow just laying on it's side. Someone had knocked it over and left it. And since the owner likely only saw it on the weekends it just laid ft here for days.

I would at least try to get a hold of those tapes and see if you can get a plate number. If you can get a plate, it is very likely that you can get the offender to pay for replacement parts.

• Premium Member

Sorry to hear it. Death penalty in my book. Pedo's, thieves, animal abusers, and sneaky bike knockers. -> Death. ->Penalty.

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

Sorry about your bike and even though I would probably be fuming at the time it happened I think I would cool off later, rethink it, avoid being close to cops and doing paperwork and with minor damage such as that I would just eat the cost. I'd touch it up with some paint and chalk it all up to a lesson learned, cheaply. I definitely wouldn't report a damn thing to any insurance company for fear they would put me at 50% fault somehow and jack my rates. ;)

Beemer

• Premium Member

Yeah, I was parallel parked at a Starbucks this summer, sitting on the veranda talking with a friend and watched as a woman got in the car in front of my bike (after standing talking with another woman between my bike and the back of her car for several minutes) and back into the bike. She just hit the tire but knocked it over. I flew down and banged on her deck-lid before she could drive away and got her insurance info... she never knew she hit it, but several witnesses verified it. Anyway, $900 dollars in cosmetic damage.

No more parallel parking for me!!!

Sure, go to the police, look for witnesses, etc.  Best of luck!!!

Archived