The MT-07 Forum

New Member from Long Beach, no FZ-07 yet

Guest jrkleinow

Guest jrkleinow

Hi All,

Wanted to introduce myself.  New member, new-ish rider.  Currently on a Ninja 300, started riding January of this year (since wanting to do it since I was 16, now I'm 31) and absolutely loving it.  The FZ07 was my first choice when I was looking at bikes earlier this year based on everything I had read and sitting on it but I decided to start small and bought a used N300 at a great price. Now I have about 5k+ miles under my belt and I am still learning things, for me the bike is a commuter as I can split lanes but I still like having fun doing so.  

I love power in general (been a car guy my whole life) and I am quickly approaching the point where I would like some more power in a bike.  The funny thing is, I only feel under-powered when I am next to other bikes, in traffic the N300 does just fine but there is a force I cannot explain pulling to something with some more grunt.  

That leads me to this forum, I want to learn about the bike (good/bad/ugly).  This is tied for the number 1 bike on my hitlist with the other being the Street Triple R.  Definitely looking used to save some dough and put that towards things like wind-screens.  

Anyways - I look forward to seeing you all around.

• Premium Member

Welcome!

Starting small helps to only be grateful for the differences once you move up. I started off with a CBR205R and as much as I loved that thing, the FZ07 was a welcoming sight for when I was NOT in traffic.

This forum and its members are amazing and knowledgeable. And there's a good amount of FZ riders in the OC/LA area... enjoy!

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

Welcome!! Good to hear you were wise and started from smaller bikes! I did too, on a Yami YZF-R125, and I learned a lot! :))) If I didn't need to save so much money, I'd go for the Triumph, ridden it and it's spectacular. But the FZ-07 gives me already the fun I need and will be purchasing one soon! See you around!

Safe riding!

Guest jrkleinow

Thank you for the welcomes. Very excited to be here with all this knowledge. I have had great success with KawasakiNinja300 forum as well. Great bunch of people that can help you diagnose problems, how to's for everything, part reviews etc. I actually heard about this forum over there and everyone said it was awesome.

The 300 has been great and I feel I may have buyers remorse if I sell it for the FZ. Now I just have to talk the wife in to keeping both......

Guest ChicagoAJ

You'll probably feel under-powered next to other bikes with an FZ-07 too. I've learned that there's always someone faster. However, the FZ-07 isn't really a drag bike or high top speed performer. It does 0-80 pretty damn fast though. Fast enough to be able to beat just about anything on the road if the driver doesn't know what they're doing.

You can catch bigger bore bikes off guard with this bike, but after 80-90mph it really starts to lose steam pretty quick. Even with a tune and exhaust I'm wishing it would get up there quicker once I see 95mph+. And it's a dog from 110mph onwards. Top speed is around 125-135mph depending on tune and rider weight.

It's definitely a fun bike, read up on common issues and complaints to see if it's right for you. Or just find a demo day and test ride one. Welcome aboard!

Archived