The MT-07 Forum

Probably One of the Coolest Universal Headlights I've Seen

Allan

The concept is simple, a headlight that will actually light up the part of a turn that get's dark when you lean your bike into a corner. JW Speaker has done it in a really cool headlight that seems to work pretty well. Granted, I don't really know if it's worth the $800 price tag they are asking, but it is definitely a start of what should be a re-occurring theme when manufacturers make motorcycles.. Neat concept. What do you all think?

[video src=https://youtu.be/hbu-KYSNYqo]

• Premium Member

Interesting idea but I cant say I like the inconsistent mess of shadows. I wonder how practical or gimmicky it actually is. And for $800?! Sheesh I say thee nay!

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename

One name guys. Motodemic. They use these JW Speakers but built to their specs and paint them again with a better paint for durability. Just saying.

SigSide.jpg

• Premium Member
One name guys. Motodemic. They use these JW Speakers but built to their specs and paint them again with a better paint for durability. Just saying.
Good to know! 
:)

- Paulie

Link or didn't happen. ;) Lol 

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename
Link or didn't happen. ;) Lol
Here's the brackets:

https://motodemic.com/shop/fz-07-custom-headlight-brackets/

7" Adaptive Headlight:

https://motodemic.com/shop/7-inch-adaptive-led-headlight/

7" Evo2 Headlight:

https://motodemic.com/shop/7-inch-led-headlight-evo-2/

SigSide.jpg

These are actually the same ones I saw originally on The Retrofit Source. The Motodemic pictures are even one their website. I'm thinking they sell the same thing. Lol

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename
These are actually the same ones I saw originally on The Retrofit Source. The Motodemic pictures are even one their website. I'm thinking they sell the same thing. Lol
JW Speaker makes it for many companies. I know for a fact that Motodemic sends theirs to a local powder coater for a more durable finish. I've held the ones right out of the box and the Motodemic versions and there is a difference in paint quality.

SigSide.jpg

pineappleunderthesea
JW Speaker makes it for many companies. I know for a fact that Motodemic sends theirs to a local powder coater for a more durable finish. I've held the ones right out of the box and the Motodemic versions and there is a difference in paint quality.
Sooooo....are you going to install one of those LED headlamps on your bike and show us how you did it? Looking at your build thread, this is right up your alley! 

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename
Sooooo....are you going to install one of those LED headlamps on your bike and show us how you did it? Looking at your build thread, this is right up your alley!
Maybe we can set up a GoFundMe so I can get it faster haha. Then I'll do a write-up and review!!!

SigSide.jpg

Hey, if we are doing GoFundMes for this light, I want one too. Lol I could compare it to some of my projector retrofits to see how it performs. My girlfriend would also thank you guys for giving her a better headlight on her 2017 SV650. Lol

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename
Hey, if we are doing GoFundMes for this light, I want one too. Lol I could compare it to some of my projector retrofits to see how it performs. My girlfriend would also thank you guys for giving her a better headlight on her 2017 SV650. Lol
Shoooo. I'd rather you build me an HID Retrofit. You gonna charge? Hook me up lol.

SigSide.jpg

Shoooo. I'd rather you build me an HID Retrofit. You gonna charge? Hook me up lol.
Having other people do retrofits gets expensive... Lol You have the How-To video I made. The Retrofit Source just came out with the Mini D2S 4.0's. I have the Mini 3.0's in mine. Those 4.0's are really good. You would spend about $150-$200 retrofitting your own as opposed to $400-$550 having someone else do it. With the video I made, it should be pretty easy. If you seriously want it done for you though, more discussion would need to be had. Haha

• 5 months later...

Random update. The price of this actually went down a little. It is now $595 on TRS. Still don't know if it is worth the price, but it's getting closer to the price it needs to be at IMO.

I was actually looking into this headlight when I was considering a Triumph or Guzzi as my first bike. The engineer in me loves the tech behind this, but the price is a bit much. I think it would be a deal at the $450 mark and a steal at the $350 mark. I can't see paying the "latest tech" prices for this. Hopefully tech like this will migrate into the mainstream and reduce cost by way of big name manufacturers getting on board.

I deleted my old post about this, it wasn't fair to the maker of it. I don't think the light is quite where it needs to be in development just yet but I think they're going in the right direction with it. Hopefully they will get the bugs out and produce a more 'finished' product that performs a little better at a lower price. I hate the dark spots in turns myself and would love to have a headlight that lit up the corners. I noticed in the car the other night that it's dark to the side when making LH turns and that could be dangerous for people crossing a street that's not lit like almost every street here back in the neighborhood. Would be nice for cars as well.

Beemer

I deleted my old post about this, it wasn't fair to the maker of it. I don't think the light is quite where it needs to be in development just yet but I think they're going in the right direction with it. Hopefully they will get the bugs out and produce a more 'finished' product that performs a little better at a lower price. I hate the dark spots in turns myself and would love to have a headlight that lit up the corners. I noticed in the car the other night that it's dark to the side when making LH turns and that could be dangerous for people crossing a street that's not lit like almost every street here back in the neighborhood. Would be nice for cars as well.

I know that on a lot of cars when you activate a turn signal it lights up that side of the vehicle a bit more.  Never thought to look into further, but I think that my new Honda Pilot does this.  I'll have to pay attention next time at night.  It is quite a bit easier for cagers since the user is activating the light when making turns versus bikes where the lights need automatic activation during normal riding.  Still hold true to my statement that this product needs one major bike manufacturer to get on board to get them into the main stream before prices drop significantly.

• 1 month later...

I know this is an old thread but wanted to comment anyway. I'm working on an FXRP and plan on running this headlight plus a set of JW Speaker's 4.5" passing lamps. I work at a Harley dealer so I get everything for 10% over cost and won't be paying near $800 for that headlight. Plus it'll look amazing tucked into the carbon fiber fairing.

• 2 months later...
I know this is an old thread but wanted to comment anyway. I'm working on an FXRP and plan on running this headlight plus a set of JW Speaker's 4.5" passing lamps. I work at a Harley dealer so I get everything for 10% over cost and won't be paying near $800 for that headlight. Plus it'll look amazing tucked into the carbon fiber fairing.
Holy crap! You work at a Harley dealer and you dare ride a rice burner? Do your HD belt buckle and wallet chain scraatch your tank? Sorry, just kidding. All bikes matter.
But I would be interested to hear how you like it. Maybe when the price drops more, I'll look into it more.

Holy crap! You work at a Harley dealer and you dare ride a rice burner? Do your HD belt buckle and wallet chain scraatch your tank? Sorry, just kidding. All bikes matter. But I would be interested to hear how you like it. Maybe when the price drops more, I'll look into it more.

I own 4 Japanese motorcycles and one Harley, my fiance also owns 2 Japanese bikes. What's worse is yesterday I rode my Harley to work wearing a Honda sweatshirt. Lol. We also sell Honda and Kawasaki so it's all good.

Archived