The MT-07 Forum

New LED aux driving lights!

jonathanb86

Hey guys,

Spent a rainy sunday mounting and wiring up some new aux lights! They are 10W (single diode) each.

I couldn't find a location to mount them and finally decided to sacrifice the reflectors on the front caliper brackets to make way for the lights. I took the seat and side cover off and installed a fused (3A) relay to activate the aux lights with the highbeams! These small lights have a pretty powerful output and are an excellent piggyback to the Cyclops 3800 lumen H4 in my main headlight housing.

Let me know what you all think of the look!

Cheers,

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

2 10w LEDS you could have gone without the relay. That is only 1.7amps for both. You could directly leech the high beam and put in a slightly bigger fuse. Probably don't even need that as if I remember the headlight "bulb" is 20/40 so combined high beam and spots is only 60w. That actually less than the original 65W.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

Yeah I did the calculations before I started the wiring and still found comfort in isolating my circuit from the stock one. Rarely do I piggyback a stock circuit on a vehicle just in case there is a short in the aux light or harness.

Neither way is wrong, just personal preference.

Hey guys, 
Spent a rainy sunday mounting and wiring up some new aux lights! They are 10W (single diode) each.

I couldn't find a location to mount them and finally decided to sacrifice the reflectors on the front caliper brackets to make way for the lights. I took the seat and side cover off and installed a fused (3A) relay to activate the aux lights with the highbeams! These small lights have a pretty powerful output and are an excellent piggyback to the Cyclops 3800 lumen H4 in my main headlight housing.

Let me know what you all think of the look!

Cheers,

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

These look great! Where can they be purchased(link plz)?

• Premium Member

Cool, looks really good! 
I have 4x of the Denali DM micro (5w each) mounted on the rear upper fender bolt, I felt fork mounted was the best area for Aux spots. (2x spots and 2x fog) They're blinding but really fantastic for empty roads at night. I leave all 4 on during the day but can toggle each set with a dual PMR barswitch. Love 'em so much I bought 4 more for my wife's bike. If people dont see us coming with these blazing away then they shouldnt be driving.

I also threw on 4 of the "Bikevis - bullets" around my windscreen which are nice and bright but only good for conspicuity. The more lights the better IMO. I love the way the DM's look stacked.

[attachment id=2293" thumbnail="1][attachment id=2292" thumbnail="1]

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

I love the look of your FZ! The guards and mirrors make it look slammed to the ground.

I went with a cheaper light solution, a Chinese seller on eBay! 172147341496 is the item # of the light units. $33.30 USD for a pair. I will keep you posted on the durability.

Mrpuss, what seat do you have? I'd be interested in upgrading that over the winter along with the exhaust!

• Premium Member
I love the look of your FZ! The guards and mirrors make it look slammed to the ground. 
I went with a cheaper light solution, a Chinese seller on eBay! 172147341496 is the item # of the light units. $33.30 USD for a pair. I will keep you posted on the durability.

Mrpuss, what seat do you have? I'd be interested in upgrading that over the winter along with the exhaust!
Thanks! I've really had a great time spending too much(?) money on this bike.  Chinese quality is always a concern but you never know, if they blow out then what the heck, worth a shot for 35 bucks.  IMO if they make that one person see you coming and they dont pull out into you then they've paid for themselves right then and there....its for your own safety after all.  Aaaand thats how easy it is to justify spending more money haha. Gotta enjoy $ while you can. :D As well, there's no way to express that feeling after installing a new exhaust and firing it up for the first time.

I have the Yamaha "Comfort Seat". The stock was fine for me, I just liked the look of the new one with the red stitching and a nicer covering and it does feel a bit better on my butt.  Members have found some really nice looking seats too, albeit more expensive.

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename

I might get Hella of these lights and look like a dang UFO riding down the road. Have people asking me to beam them up.

SigSide.jpg

Archived