The MT-07 Forum

Not happy with stock clutch feel

r1limited

Ralph, I think the "perception" of a problem is quite subjective and depends on what the individual rider is used to and/or how long they give themselves to adjust to the 07... or whatever they are riding. Of course, there are objective differences, but that is often over-ridden by perception, bias, expectations, etc. Also, shifting among a number of bikes doesn't help this. I've a bunch of very different cars and I have to readjust moving from one to the other, especially if I've only been driving one quite a bit for a while.
Exactly, And after one oil change, adding a BoosterPlug, and in general getting used to the bike, it shifts very well now. The booster plug took all or any grabbyness out of the clutch throttle integration. 

I didn't consider it's grabbiness to be a big problem because it's something I adapted to almost immediately with some simple throttle/clutch slippage trickery. The lack of grabbiness was something I didn't expect with my EJK, I only got it for other claimed characterists but I didn't have to adjust so much after that. Everything felt smoother and a little tamed.

Beemer

Archived