The MT-07 Forum

Comfort seats...I know...

liami

I know there are a lot of posts about comfort seats, just bear with me please. I've been doing a lot of research on different comfort seats. I'm having trouble finding anything for less than $500, and I can't get much of a good opinion because I'm also looking for a rear seat for my girlfriend's comfort. The seat concepts seat only has a matching rear set cover (no padding/foam) so that's out even though it seems to be my cheapest option. Yamaha doesn't do anything about a comfortable rear seat, as far as I've seen. Corbin, I hate the look of the banana seat in this bike and the one I'm looking at on Amazon is roughly the same price anyway. (Link for Amazon seats:

Top Sellerie France Deluxe Comfort Seat Yamaha MT-07 FZ-07 REF4051 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B016OM4YCW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_0tJ1xb69XP6GC )

I already put a gel pad in my stock seat but this seat is such a weird shape that there are still areas of the stock hard foam digging into me. I don't want to rip up my passenger seat, too, in case I need to replace the stock foam if I sell the bike later down the road. Any help on comfortable choices for both seats that won't break bank is appreciated.

• Premium Member

Comfort is a word here that goes from one extreme to the other...some ppl can go cross country on stock suspension and seat, etc... I liked the Yamaha comfort seat till i got the seat concepts version...the Yamaha Comfort seat is staying on the shelf till track days...suspension upgrade is the best solution...if not look into a pair of padded pedal biking shorts from a reputable biking store or look into a "airhawk" cushion, just add a few small puffs of air at most..

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

I had a local upholstery guy put gel in mine but it's a very particular gel. It almost feels like there's very thick liquid inside but there isn't. You can cut it to shape and it doesn't leak and the heat doesn't affect it either. He couldn't use it on the whole seat but just where your butt makes contact while sitting on it. He cut out the old foam padding and cut the gel to the same size and put it in place of it. It went from 1 hours worth of comfort to practically all day comfort. Between the cost of the gel (which isn't cheap) and the labor I paid $200. If you're interested in it I can try and find out where he got the gel from. GL!

Beemer

Your description of the gel pad is about the exact same as what I put in mine. Cut it to shape, made sure it was where I sit, etc. it just wasn't wide enough to cover every part of the seat and you can't get it in the back along that break between the two seats. And the shorts is a good idea, as well as an airhawk cushion. I just ordered the top sellerie seats off amazon. When they come in, I'll post them up here and decide with my girlfriend whether they help and I keep them or not.

I have been debating on the seat concepts replacement but honestly I have gotten used to the stock seat. I can go a full tank without feeling too bad. In terms of the girlfriend's comfort I never really liked riding 2 up so she has her own bike :D

• 2 weeks later...

The top sellerie seats are amazing, I notice a huge difference and so does my girlfriend! The front seat sucked to get installed though...it took me maybe three hours (including time walked away to blow some steam from frustration) total to finally get the rider seat bolted down. The plastic is made flat and the cushion is fairly thick and heavy to pull back. I'm hoping that, as time goes on and I sit on the seat more, it'll form to the curvature of the seat area and be easier to make holes line up

Archived