The MT-07 Forum

Aztech or Seat Concepts

benzh

Have the Seat Concepts seat and don't care for it. A sharp ridge cuts into the back of my thigh when your foot is down. I have 20 miles on mine if you want to purchase one at a discount price, let me know.

I have the Seat Concepts and love it to bits. 4th Seat Concepts pad/cover I have bought and loved every one. Especially on this bike and the BMWF800R as both had such aweful stock seats.
But as any bicycle rider will tell you, seats are very personal.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

• Premium Member

Seats are very personal. I also purchased the Seat Concepts. Just doesn't fit the shape of my butt. But alas, it only begins to bother me after an hour or so on long boring commutes.

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

Seems the Seat Concepts seat is a love it or hate it proposition.

I have one. As delivered, I hated the dished out area that resulted in pressure on the backs of my legs - all the time. So, I filled that dish with kidney shaped pieces of wet suit neoprene, then layered a piece of dense upholstery foam tapered at the edges over that and then another layer of that wetsuit material over that. The result is a moderately soft layer over top of flat and firm.

Took a bunch of tries and fails (the edge of the cover and the plastic seat pan look it too.), but I think it's pretty darn good now. After a 225 mile ride sunday, I had no discomfort at all back there.

Wonder if Seat Concepts would be willing to cut another piece of their foam that flattens out that dish or maybe even makes it a bit convex? Better yet would be a choice of shapes. I suspect it would solve all the discomfort issues

Guest ChicagoAJ
I'll bet it doubles as a decent diaper too if you're ever in a pants-crapping situation, hahaha. 

I own bicycling shorts with the chamois maxi-pad built in. Great for a bicycle seat, but would never help where the OE seat or the unmodified Seat Concepts saddle hurt me.

Archived