The MT-07 Forum

2014 GSXR 1000

jake

• Premium Member

So I finally was able to get a rocket with the approval from the boss. got a new 2014 with no miles for 12 ish out the door. I traded in the buell payments are 200 a month insurance is 100 a month.
I was a little OCD about which brand of rocket I was going to get and all of them were in the mix. I changed my mind for day to day with every video I watched ( Over a Year researching) . In the end price and comfort were the two main factors for me and I based the comfort on only watching Tube videos. I have just over 100 miles on it now and I have to say the thing is amazing. You can ride it totally normal without getting close to the power and its totally manageable. The handling is far beyond the Buell, you think it does it and that something I have to get used to.
The main reason I wanted something like this was for the track for one and I was thinking of getting a 600 or a 750 but I knew I was going to want a 1000 sooner or later so why bother with the headache of buying selling trading up later.
I love the FZ and I am keeping it but at the track the one issue it has is the straight away. I feel like I was getting the corning down and would be faster in the corners than many and get passed on the straight just to be stuck behind the guy that didn't know how to corner again.

2015 FZ-07 2003 2014 GSXR 1000

Nearly 2 years as a member and not one pic on a new bike post. For shame man, for shame!

Grats buddy, always great feeling when you get a new bike. By the way, didn't your wife ride the Buell?

Engaging with people that have personality disorders on a message board is like arguing with a rock.

[span style=font-size:12pt] would be faster in the corners than many and get passed on the straight just to be stuck behind the guy that didn't know how to corner again.[/span]
But that's where all the fun is! Intermediate groups tend to have a manageable passing policy. Now it's your turn to be "that guy" - for people to bitch and moan about the Gixr Thou parking it in the corners. :) :) :)

Have fun out there!
bannerfans_1095431.jpg

• Premium Member
Nearly 2 years as a member and not one pic on a new bike post. For shame man, for shame! 
Grats buddy, always great feeling when you get a new bike. By the way, didn't your wife ride the Buell?
just got the bike on ill post some picks soon its a black one with gray accents.  
the wife still needs to get her license but the fz will be hers for the most part.

• Premium Member
[span style=font-size:12pt] would be faster in the corners than many and get passed on the straight just to be stuck behind the guy that didn't know how to corner again.[/span]
But that's where all the fun is! Intermediate groups tend to have a manageable passing policy. Now it's your turn to be "that guy" - for people to bitch and moan about the Gixr Thou parking it in the corners. :):):)

Have fun out there!
lol exactly ..  

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

Figured a way to put on my Kriega bags on this thing. been putting on the miles close to 1000 so far. I took a few 2 hour trips and one 5 hour round trip. Taking a rest every hour or so is a must.
I'm not a guru but the biggest surprise is how easy it is to ride. Its very well mannered just tooling around and at highway speed. The thing about a bike like this is it can get you into trouble fast. That being said I'm super happy I went with the 1000 instead of a 600 or 750..... so far lol.
The FZ for me was a good bike to figure out what my next bike was going to be. I'm not replacing the FZ just putting another horse in the stable.

Awesome, nice bike and a black beauty! For a second there I thought ... 
[attachment id=2316" thumbnail="1] 
... but no. Good man! Does she cut through the wind pretty good?

Beemer

• Premium Member
Its about like the FZ when I'm sitting up  but laying on the tank is more comfortable than the FZ.  
Its all business though fun factor the FZ takes it, I cant fully explain why but it just does. The GSXR is just intense, you have to be on point all the time so its more exhausting mentally at least for me it feels that way. The FZ is just playful and so far no bike that I have been on has the same character.

Its about like the FZ when I'm sitting up  but laying on the tank is more comfortable than the FZ.  
Its all business though fun factor the FZ takes it, I cant fully explain why but it just does. The GSXR is just intense, you have to be on point all the time so its more exhausting mentally at least for me it feels that way. The FZ is just playful and so far no bike that I have been on has the same character.

Understood, I like the FZ for that, too. My first love was for a light, nimble little two-stroke that was very playful and because of that every bike I've owned has had the same characteristics. It's funny, that's what I look for in a woman as well! (she can be a four-stroke, I don't care  ;)  )

Beemer

Archived