The MT-07 Forum

FZ-07 vs KTM Duke 690?

level41

Pretty good writeup that one.
Interestingly Sally's biggest plus for the Duke is the seat comfort ( remember she has done a a VERY long ride on it). She just kept saying over the intercome " Have I told you how comfortable this seat is?..." Usually when I was standing up on the pegs on the Husky TR650 to give my rear some relief. That was before I put the Seat Concepts pad/seatcover on.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

Yeah, nice read indeed. Can't help but look at those nice chain adjusters on the FZ w/o having in the back of my head just how quick they can get ruined if that axle nut binds up.

Speaking of chain adjusters, the latest Duke has the same set-up as my friend's 2009 version. Have a look at the picts, you can flip that aluminum block around 180 degrees so that the side against the adjuster allows some extra space. This would allow one to go to a bigger back sprocket w/o adding links to the chain as the axle can now be pulled farther forward.

That 2009 version had polished ally bits everywhere ( as well as lots of suspension/damping adjustments and powder coated wheels where the new ones are painted, me thinks) that have now given way to price consciousness . Nice to see some things stayed.

of course, if that was the US version, it would lose some points to the lack of ABS

Guest ChicagoAJ
Yeah, nice read indeed. Can't help but look at those nice chain adjusters on the FZ w/o having in the back of my head just how quick they can get ruined if that axle nut binds up.
We just need a cast iron/forged chain adjuster on the brake side of the swingarm. Then it would probably tear the swingarm metal if the nut binds, haha. 

Archived