The MT-07 Forum

Amazon tail tidy with lights

danfz07

Funny you ask. I do have that and have had it for around a year now. Although it's inexpensive I noticed lately that a few of the LED's are already burned out on the left rear signal. I'm sure it's due to the plastic lens coming loose for some reason and letting water in. The others are intact and working fine. I haven't wrecked or bumped my flashers into anything so it's a manufacturer's defect, IMO. Didn't come from the factory loose, it just became loose over time (shouldn't have) and I didn't catch it in time to seal it up before any damage was done. I would still recommend them, just check them out closely for any lenses being loose and keep a closer eye on them than yours truly did. You don't have to have the resistors, it's a personal preference. There are studies that show a faster blinking light gets more attention than a slower one so I didn't get the resistors. I saw them as just an added expense and the fast flashing doesn't bother me like it does some others. Your choice. You will need the adapters for the front signals for an additonal $15.

[attachment id=2274" thumbnail="1]The amber end cap you see is what came loose. 

[attachment id=2275" thumbnail="1]How it's suppose to look with all the LED's working.

[attachment id=2276" thumbnail="1] How it looks after the end cap came loose. It's not as bright now but I'll keep using it until I decide on what to do.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NOT-PLASTIC-These-are-aluminum-YAMAHA-FZ07-and-MT07-Turn-Signal-Adapter-Plate/351626070601?_trksid=p2047675.c100010.m2109&_trkparms=aid%3D333008%26algo%3DRIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D38804%26meid%3D7ef9881bdaa64c68ac59ac2b6470a150%26pid%3D100010%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D17%26sd%3D331315363435

Beemer

ebay, creese1 is the guy who makes those. i love mine. i have the one that only hold the plate, no lights.
you cannot beat the price and quality of these.

Dave

ebay, creese1 is the guy who makes those. i love mine. i have the one that only hold the plate, no lights. you cannot beat the price and quality of these.

Dave
That's where I got mine and dealt directly with creese1 after my purchase. I told him some time after I had bought them that I wished the front signals in the kit were DRL's and he said he would like to put DRL's into the kit but they are more expensive and he couldn't do that for the same price so he only sells DRL's by the pair w/no kit. If I recall, two of his DRL's alone cost right at $30. He then made me an offer and a few days later I received a pair of the DRL's. Cool dude! Haven't installed them yet but I probably will soon. I've seen them installed and working and they look pretty good. I think someone on here had them and put up some pics. Was that you, Fearedbynone?

Beemer

Good kit. I've got the flushmount one currently. Just make sure you install correctly, alot of dumbasses on the fbook page do it wrong and wonder why they have clearance issues.
Don't use resistors get a relay. And if you want drl get lights that are intended for it not regular ones you risk melting/burning out the lights and wiring.

• 1 month later...

Archived