The MT-07 Forum

Balanced Tires = Much Smoother Ride!

foothills

Went to change out my stock tires for some S21s.  I was very surprised to see no weights on the wheels!  The bike didn't seem bad before but wow what a noticeable difference riding on the new tires that I balanced with lead weights (front took about 1/3 oz and back over an ounce).  Sooooo much smoother ride.  This is the first bike I've ever bought that came with the tires not balanced.  

• Global Moderator

Your post made me go to the garage to check mine. There is a weight on the front but not the back. Hopefully this means they were both checked and the back was fine. I do not feel any vibration so I am going with that assumption.

Guest ChicagoAJ

Mine had a weight on front and rear wheel from the dealer. After swapping my rear rim the front has the silver clamp on style weight and the rear has black stick on weights.

I can't see the factory in Japan forgetting to balance a wheel. I can see both being balanced and needing no weights. Mine has a weight on each wheel for the record.

Got new red 2015 FZ-07 on 7/22/16!
Black 2006 Honda ST1300 53K miles.

Well, guess mine was a fluke.  Sounds like this bike just got missed.  Glad I decided to change my tires to a different type early or I wouldn't have known what I was missing; just thought the engine was more "vibey" than it really is.  Very big difference from what it was before.  

• Premium Member

It happens. I've had a mechanic put the weights on top of wheel tape (the tape did go on the inside of the rim) on a previous bike. The original weights clipped onto a lip in center of the rim... guess they didn't have those handy.

A few hot summer days and POOF. They slid off. SMH.

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

Usually come off if the wheel has been washed or cleaned with an inappropiate clearer ( eg petrol), but diesel splash from a wet road will dissolve the glue as well.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

Archived