The MT-07 Forum

FZ-07 Security

Guest 2wheeler

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member
@motomeek can you please post a pic of it both on your bike and off?
I don't have any photos right now. But it goes thru one of the openings on the brake disc. I put it on the front wheel with my cable reminder. You can search on youtube videos on the lock. It might not be on the FZ, but I can attest that it fits and works.  
Cable reminder - Sold separately. 

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

I got my new Urban disk lock from Amazon today. So far, it seems fine. Defintely not super sensitive/screwed-up like the Xena I was using. The one for the rear wheel is the UR6 and the front gets the UR10. The pin on the UR10 is too big for the holes in the rear disk, but the slots to the inside of the front disk will take the UR10 which has a long enough gap to allow the lock to reach those slots. I tried the alarm, and it is seriously loud, and sensitive in the right way. The history and reviews of these locks sound pretty promising. 
https://www.amazon.com/Urban-motorcycle-Bike-Alarm-Disc/dp/B00YF051ZU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1473565512&sr=8-1&keywords=urban+ur6

https://www.amazon.com/Security-UR10-motorcycle-Resistant-Reminder/dp/B00YEUZ796/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1473565538&sr=8-1&keywords=urban+ur10

Guys, I was considering pulling the trigger for the Urban 999 disc lock, but as I don't have the bike yet, I don't know if it will fit - wondering if you could help me out.  
The lock is this one:
http://www.urbansecurity.info/urban-security-999.html

The measurements are in the next diagram, left hand side:
[attachment id=2294" thumbnail="1]

- Will it fit?
- Would you go for this one or the Abus Granit Detecto X-Plus 8077 Alarm Disc Lock, as some of you have done?

Link for Abus: 
http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/abus-granit-detecto-x-plus-8077-alarm-disc-lock

Thanks in advance!

Safe riding!

Guest 2wheeler

Here's what my research found...

For the rear wheel, you will only be able to use a disk lock with a 6mm pin as the only place you have to secure it is through the holes drilled to dissipate heat which are around 7-8mm.

The front wheel has slots behind the disk which will allow you to use darn near anything including the Urban 999 and the Abus Granit (which you can't use on the rear disk either).

I am planning on going with the Urban UR10 for the front in addition to the UR6 on the back. It's $30 cheaper plus it is also homologated as the 999. I really don't think there is a difference between the UR10 and the 999 in that if they really want your bike, it's gone.

Guest 2wheeler

So I got my Urban UR10 disk lock in the mail today. Gotta tell you, that is one serious bad*** lock!!!

I already have the Urban UR6 which is a fine lock but it did not wow me like the UR10! It's too bad that we can't use this lock on the rear wheel although I have not tried it with the rear sprocket yet. They get through the UR10, they deserve my bike!

I haven't tested the electronics on it yet, but I'll post something after I do.

www.amazon.com/Security-UR10-motorcycle-Resistant-Reminder/dp/B00YEUZ796/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1473565538&sr=8-1&keywords=urban+ur10

• 4 weeks later...
Guest 2wheeler

I've been out of town for almost 2 weeks, and I didn't get a chance to post on the Urban UR10 lock yet.

My review in a short... Don't buy it!

I had two of them and both had things wrong with the electronics. One was too sensitive and the other not sensitive enough. The dealer was cool, and I'm getting my money back. He was sorta shocked at them not working correctly as was I. Having said that, it is a really tough lock, but $100 for just a lock is not worth it.

I have the UR6 which works great. The dealer said that is a completely different lock electronically. It works, so I agree.

I'm going to get a second UR6 for overnight trips. Incidentally, the UR6 and a Stop-and-Go Plug Kit both fit under the rear seat on our bikes.

Archived