The MT-07 Forum

Thought I'd Introduce Myself!!

Ryan

My name is Ryan I grew up in Pasadena, CA moved to Oregon back in 2000. I love it here amazing summers and can't beat the fall/winter not the best riding weather but we the oregon ducks. Saying I'm obsessed with the ducks is an understatement. I have a beautiful wife named Devon, two crazy wonderful kids Jordyn who's 3 and a half and Carter who just turned 1. I manage the receiving department for a distributor to Apple. My riding experience goes back years. I started out on a Kawasaki zx6r that had been laid down I fixed it up rode it for awhile and sold it for a nice profit. 2nd bike was another zx6r it was newer in perfect condition, I was helping out at a race shop in my spare time working for parts so I built a pretty fast track bike. Although never made it to a track day I helped work the shop during events, changing tires and race prep. This was fun but eventually became too time consuming so I had to move on. I sold the zx6r due to the power and lack of comfort. Recently with the rising gas prices and the fact that I driver a new dodge ram (gas guzzler) I started entertaining the idea of another bike. My wife and I just celebrated our 5 years wedding anniversary on June 20th and I thought it was the perfect time to suggest I get a bike as an anniversary present. She was on board and I found this beautiful white fz07 about an hour away and picked her up the next day. You can see pictures on the front page of the site. I'll get more up when the weather clears and I get my new helmet. I'm glad I found this site and I will be around for a long time. I'm here to help and provide support in any way I can. Safe riding out there everyone.

PS I typed this on an iPad so forgive the mess.

Guest brickst3r

Wow, nice to know you grew up in pasadena. I was born and raised in Rosemead. I've always wanted to go to Oregon to check it out, I'm a bike Nike fan and want to visit the campus haha.

• 2 weeks later...

Guys wanted to give you a little update. I haven't been around for a few days just been super busy. I posted my thoughts of the fz07 and its a great bike just not for me. I'm a big guy and the bike felt too small. I traded it in and got more than I paid, there are huge waiting lists right now. I went a whole other direction and picked up a 2013 Can Am Spyder STS SE5. It is amazing and more of what I was looking for right now. I may go back to two wheels eventually but it will probably be a dual sport or something similar. I'l still be around the forums since I really did love this bike. Happy safe riding everyone.

-Ryan

Archived