The MT-07 Forum

XRS gauge connector?

topazsparrow

Would anyone be able to take a picture of the gauge pod connector?

I'm EXTREMELY curious to see if it's the same as the FZ-07 or close enough to be a viable swap with some work.

• Premium Member

Two things I can think of right off the top of my head...1 being 99% of all EUR motorcycle seem to have ABS and 2nd being, i believe the xrs has traction control...so that's an extra 2 features over the fz-07... I'm gonna assume the xrs will have an additional 2 wires going into the gauge pod...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

ABS info might not go to gauge pod though. It'd go to the ECU for sure, but that's not relevant.

Hoping someone can share a picture of the connector or dig up a manual / wiring diagram :)

• Global Moderator

I would expect there is a wire for the ABS light, and probably the engine disabler light (I expect the XSR has this as the European FZ does). If it uses the same connector then those pins would be empty and it should not make a difference...as long as the other pins are arranged the same. I am curious if this swap works. I think there is a good chance it would. Why use a different wiring harness, it would just increase production costs for no good reason.

Archived