The MT-07 Forum

FZ-07 Helmet Lock

Okay so i hope I'm not the only one that was quite disappointed when they found out their fz didn't have a good legitimate helmet lock... that
flimsy cable that yamaha gives us... yea that wasn't gone work for me, it's pretty darn inconvenient in every way.. its time consuming.. as well as lacking in some serious security and doesn't let me carry a passenger helmet with me..

so I made my own helmet lock for my FZ, and hopefully this helps others that share my feelings about the cable helmet lock..

here goes..

[ul type=disc][*]okay so i ran out to Orchard Supply Hardware Store(OSH)
and picked up one of those "Classic Hangers" this one holds up to 75lbs so it will do the job of securing your helmet :D  
[/ul]
IMG_5034.jpg

[ul type=disc][*]Then i removed the bolt from the frame, to see what id have to adjust to make the hanger fit and sit properly. 
IMG_5032.jpg
[*]i then trimmed away the excess i didn't need, drilled a hole in the hanger and secured it to the frame.[*]IMG_5043.jpg
[*]I then trimmed away some of the plastic fairing to led the helmet D-ring sit flush with everything.. IMG_5049.jpg[/ul][ul type=disc][*]bolt everything down and you've got yourself a secure, easy to use helmet lock for your FZ-07 :) [*]
[/ul]

IMG_5055.jpgIMG_5051.jpgIMG_5057.jpg

Hope this helps:) now you can securely carry a passenger helmet on your ride and secure your helmet to your FZ when you go get some food:)

Ride Safe my fellow FZers  :)

• Premium Member

This makes me so happy for some reason lol

Nice @vchep2

:: '15 Pearl White FZ-07 - OES Frame/Fork/Swingarm Sliders - Motodynamic LED Tail - Yoshimura Fender Eliminator - RIDEIT Levers - Yoshimura R-77 Carbon Exhaust - Seat Concepts - Evotech Radiator Guard & Pillion Kit - TechSpec Grip - Cyclops H4 LED - LED Turn Signals - Progrip 699s - R6 Throttle Tube - K&N Filters - SM M1 Handlebars - EPFA Pads - Gilles Rearsets - 2WDW ECU Flash - CRG Arrows - Forks By Matt Cartridges - K-tech Razor-R Shock - GoCruise Throttle Lock::

Nice job. You should work for Yamaha. Why couldn't they do that.

Thanks? honestly a bit ashamed Yamaha couldn't throw a helmet lock in the bike even as an upgradable option.. I looked online and couldn't find a helmet lock for the fz that would go in the back seat.. There was a few for the bar end, for the bar itself.. And one for the passenger foot peg.. None of which would actually secure the helmet properly the way I'd want it too, so I started fabricating lol. Good stuff, mine secures my helmet very nicely and I have taken a passenger helmet on a ride, did some highway speeds and I "certify" this mod as a great success?

It was too tempting to try it. Just sent to the hardware store and I found a pretty similar hook and did the same thing.

The helmet fits perfectly. Will surely do the other side too for my girlfriend's helmet when we go ride together.

I wouldn't ride like that though, because I need to fit the flasher into my helmet so it doesn't pry it too hard, but other than that it should do the trick to keep my helmet safe!

I have the yoshimura fender eliminator with the oem Yamaha led flashers btw.

3368c4fb5c4bc81b01d83343b237ab40.jpg

It was too tempting to try it. Just sent to the hardware store and I found a pretty similar hook and did the same thing.  
The helmet fits perfectly. Will surely do the other side too for my girlfriend's helmet when we go ride together.

I wouldn't ride like that though, because I need to fit the flasher into my helmet so it doesn't pry it too hard, but other than that it should do the trick to keep my helmet safe!

Looking good? I have integrated turn signals in my tail light so the helmet doesn't come in contact with the turn signals. So I can take my helmet for a ride?0be7eccbed222ee8cab1a1c7c97fc27c.jpg989b2b5129a3e61d546de223dc62d62c.jpgfd9e667cde225e7c2013190c2ecc0c90.jpg

f9177da48b719e41c314f7928fe2315a.jpg

Looking good? I have integrated turn signals in my tail light so the helmet doesn't come in contact with the turn signals. So I can take my helmet for a ride?0be7eccbed222ee8cab1a1c7c97fc27c.jpg989b2b5129a3e61d546de223dc62d62c.jpgfd9e667cde225e7c2013190c2ecc0c90.jpg
What bar end mirror is that? Love it 

They're CRG HINDSIGHT LS Lane Split Bar End Mirrors, expensive.. But they're quality mirrors, not like the cheap eBay China replica bar end mirrors.. I managed to find a great deal on eBay for my crg mirrors, 50$ for the set shipped?

• 4 months later...

Finally got around to doing this as a winter mod. I used the 50 lb. version from Home Depot.

Works great! Now I need Spring.

Got new red 2015 FZ-07 on 7/22/16!
Black 2006 Honda ST1300 53K miles.

If bike ever tips over while on side stand helmet protects motorcycle . I mighttry this on right side of bike if the 2017's ever get here :-/

• 1 month later...
  • Premium Member

Slight modification on the original.  I just did some minor bending on a metal tab and used it in conjunction with the factory supplied cable.
As seen below...
[attachment id=2447" thumbnail="1]
[attachment id=2448" thumbnail="1]
[attachment id=2450" thumbnail="1]

Why can't left turners see us?

They're CRG HINDSIGHT LS Lane Split Bar End Mirrors, expensive.. But they're quality mirrors, not like the cheap eBay China replica bar end mirrors.. I managed to find a great deal on eBay for my crg mirrors, 50$ for the set shipped?
How did you mount them?

• Premium Member
How did you mount them?
I have the CRG Hindsight LSs on mine too.  I used Renthal bar ends and the mirrors fit on them perfectly. 

Why can't left turners see us?

How did you mount them?

Well I have woodcraft clip ons now and the bar is thicker so the only thing I've been able to fit in there is one of these China rubber bar end adapters..

https://www.ebay.com/itm/311298246928

2a02d7350fd55b750b978915abef33f2.jpg

This is what the fz looks like now
bcf7fb5476d875db06ce8202b5e771a1.jpg5654f6b703fda1e3b81e77a6d344fd83.jpg5654f6b703fda1e3b81e77a6d344fd83.jpg2396e50e698998c78e620f10930706e3.jpg

How did you mount them?

But if you're running stock bars I'd get these

https://www.ebay.com/itm/121992860750

Archived