The MT-07 Forum

Annitori Quicksheter...

norcal616

• Premium Member

Have had this for about 3 months now
Settings are: 

60 pressure... 60ms cut time for upshift( push )
60 pressure... 60ms cut time for down shift( pull )
RFX - do not touch
** I use quick shifter at 8k rpms on upshifts **
** down shifting is currently not a priority of mine **

I had the cut times at 50ms for a little while( too long) till I read a post by pledgz a few days ago...at 50ms the front end would lift enough to just put a sliver of daylight under the front tire going from 2nd to 3rd gear...3-4 was half as what 2-3 was...4-5 and 5-6 was smooth...down shifting was not something I really tested till after I read pledgz post... Right now 60ms seems to be butter smooth from 2-3 and gets smoother thru the shifts...which proved to be what I feel is night and day difference...even upshifting when in a long sweeping corner keeps the bike stable ( at 50ms the rear wheel would flinch to the outside just a hair but it was noticeable and didn't bother me..now I'm kinda kicking myself I didn't do this earlier...I have no curiosity to test 1-2 gear as I start in 2nd gear from a stop or ultra slow roll 98% of the time...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• Premium Member

The same quick shifter is used on the fz-09 so it has 3 coil cap connections...so they told me to not use one connection, just tape if off and stash it away, reason being it's cheaper to keep the 3 connection harness then to make a 2 connection harness and building up inventory for it...it does not effect functions of quick shifter at all... It is also a " stand alone system"...just a little side note...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

Replacement sensors are $95 ... I pulled the wire out of the sensor by accident when installing my new airbox...

• Premium Member

Glad to hear your enjoying the quickshifter! I considered the Annitori, but in the end decided to try the HealTech instead.

Nice to know you really can't go wrong either way...both are a great option for the FZ-07!

Makes the bike so much more fun to ride, and on the track I'm not loosing as much ground as before when going through the gears :)

- Paulie

• Premium Member

It's a fantastic product, simple to set up and basic functions to use, only major difference between Healtech is the ability to fine tune more of the cut off times for those who want to control everything...nothing bad about it...customer service is top notch...replies in matter of minutes during hours of operations...I would not hesitate to use them again for future bikes or recommended to others to use...my only gripe is I'm using the quick shifter almost 85% of the time and currently not having one while I wait for the replacement sensor in the mail makes me feel slow shifting the gears and it's a perishable skill I'm relearning again...that's the only gripe I have about quick shifters...

Is there any reason you didn't use the Dynojet QS that plugs right into your PCV? I know nothing about them but was considering the Dynojet QS so I wouldn't need to add another box, any discussion appreciated...Mark

• Premium Member

I brought the Annitori quick shifter earlier this summer before the HordPower Airbox bug bit me...

• Premium Member

They say it should work...many ppl use this system across many different motorsport platforms and different systems for like 2nd ignition boxes of traction control...they recommend that ppl connect the quick shifter connections to the coil pack first then connect the PCV or whatever second...

Thanks norcal, I was told the Dynojet QS has it's own harness and I saw that the PCV module has a port for the QS wire so looked/sounded easy enough. I was mostly wondering if you had chosen one over the other for reasons of function, adjustability etc. but now I know so thanks...Mark

• Premium Member

Price wise the Annitori QS is far cheaper than the powercommander version cuz you also need the PC5 unit to run the powercommamder QS...the Amnitori is a " stand alone system" so its got its only little computer box the of the PC5 at 1/2 the thickness ...the power commander QS has the ability to set each gear cut off time while the Annitori only has 1 cut off time for all the gears...

After you installed your Quick shifter did you have any trouble with keeping your hand off the clutch while going through the gears? 

As nice as the quick shifter may be for some I think it would be frustrating for others for this reason. I've been clutching for so long now that I thought I may not be able to stay off the clutch with a quick shifter installed since I usually shift subconsciously. I did a little experiment to test this and when I tried to clutchless shift for a short while my hand just wouldn't stay off the clutch, as suspected. That damned hand memory, ha! When I tried to consciously focus more on the shifting it was distracting and I found myself looking at my clutch hand and cursing it instead of focusing on the traffic around me. Maybe with time I can train that hand to 'stay put' but I know it's going to be a long, frustrating practice. 

Beemer

• Premium Member

No problems with accidentaly pulling the clutch but Yes I had a few moments where muscle memory trumped my efforts to keep the throttle pinned...took me a few weeks to " mesh " with the QS...I will admit the ole fashioned way to speed shift is a " perishable " skill...so I tend to not use the QS by turning it off for a day or two then turn it back on...QS should be viewed as a " tool in your bag of tricks " not a crutch with the exception some ppl are physically disabled in a way they have to rely on a QS to ride...

The fun and skillful part is using the QS on a really rough choppy road surface when your tapping each gear out...

After you installed your Quick shifter did you have any trouble with keeping your hand off the clutch while going through the gears?  
As nice as the quick shifter may be for some I think it would be frustrating for others for this reason. I've been clutching for so long now that I thought I may not be able to stay off the clutch with a quick shifter installed since I usually shift subconsciously. I did a little experiment to test this and when I tried to clutchless shift for a short while my hand just wouldn't stay off the clutch, as suspected. That damned hand memory, ha! When I tried to consciously focus more on the shifting it was distracting and I found myself looking at my clutch hand and cursing it instead of focusing on the traffic around me. Maybe with time I can train that hand to 'stay put' but I know it's going to be a long, frustrating practice. 
I understand your point as I had the same problem when I flipped the upper shift lever over for GP pattern shifting, 1 up and 5 down,  I liked it but would have to think about shifting or else I would subconciously revert and especially when hurrying along. Hard to change up after 50 yrs., esp. when all my other bikes are std. shift,  so back it went. 

I understand your point as I had the same problem when I flipped the upper shift lever over for GP pattern shifting, 1 up and 5 down,  I liked it but would have to think about shifting or else I would subconciously revert and especially when hurrying along. Hard to change up after 50 yrs., esp. when all my other bikes are std. shift,  so back it went.
I knew I couldn't be the only one.

Beemer

• Premium Member

Annitori QS works with PCV...just remember to connect it this way... coil>QS>PC5>oem

I just ordered the power commander quickshifter. I'm kind of miffed about the pressure sensor's price. At 180 bucks, a potential replacement will be pricey. I will use your guy's recommendation and keep the first 2 gear changes at 60ms, and the last 3 at 50ms. Seems like bikes that have a lot of crankshaft inertia need more kill time.

• Premium Member

You did! Just set the cut off time right and you will get a oooo shyt moment...

• Premium Member

This will be different for each brand of quickshifter I'm sure, but as far as cut times go, I changed mine. I was at two different tracks this weekend doing some testing, etc., and instead of using the custom cut times per different rpm modes, I went back to "adaptive mode" and used 85 ms. It seemed to be the best overall setting for silky smooth shifting in just about all situations at two very different tracks (Chuckwalla vs Streets of Willow). Keep in mind this if for the Healtech QuickShifter tho...

I only put this here because cut times may not act the same across different brands of quickshifters...

- Paulie

Archived