Sign in to follow this  
csick251

Radiator Guard Drawing or 3D model?

csick251
Anyone know if and where i could get a DXF/DWG of a radiator guard or maybe a 3D model step,stp,sat,par? I could possible hook someone up with a free custom guard if someone could help.

bradzal
I was thinking of measuing up the hole locations and modelling one up in Solidworks soon actually.

Have you done any measuring yourself?

bradzal

What about something like this? Obviously with whatever expanded mesh you would want welded in.

I can send you the model if you would like. Would you prefer a step, or native solidworks? I'll also attach a flat pattern DXF.

Custom_Radiator_Cover.png

• Like 2

csick251
I have not done any measuring myself yet. That would be the next step if this doesn't work. .Step formats seem to work great but i should be able to open anything outside of Catia. I have solid edge which is very similar. Also have use of a lazer cuttung machine. so a flat pattern DXF or DWG would be sweet! I wan't to make a custom laser cut guard. Then get it bent and powder coated. No need for welding a screen in if i could cut all out of one piece. If you draw up something and could send me something i would be willing to cut out 2 and would ship one out to you no cost to you outside of shipping costs. Not sure what i want to do for a "mesh design yet" my co worker likes the yamaha logo kinda like this. But im not sure yet what i want to do.
0a7662a3c127ec4885ea42b41634a792.jpg

bradzal
Okay, I'll see if I can fit some time in tomorrow to whip something up out of one piece.

The yamaha logo is cool, but that also offers no protection right in the center where you wheel is going to be flinging rocks into.

Could do something like this (dimensions arent confirmed yet)

Radiator_Guard.png
  • Like 1

csick251
Yeah i agree on the logo. If i were ti do something along those lines i would fill in the large openings in between. Also not a fan of the oval cut outs.

Joey

Not to bring this back from the grave, but I plan on making some radiator guards. We have a laser that will cut all types of steel, but will probably make some out of aluminum such as 5051 or something similar. Does anyone have a drawing like above or confirmed dimensions? 

firstyammerha

I think I saw where some riders on one of the other forums I watch are using household gutter guard for radiator screening. I had a short length in my workshop that was left behind by my houses previous owner so I placed it against my radiator and it appeared to be about half as wide-6" vs.12"or so- as the radiator. Maybe two sections could be butted together to increase the width or this guard can be bought in wider widths? I believe household gutters go to 6" maximum width but maybe there's commercial gutter protectors that are wider.