The MT-07 Forum

Wire Spoke Wheels

johnydecali

Not sure if I'm posting in the correct section, didn't see a wheel category. 

Anyway, I'm planning on purchasing a set of wire spoke rims for my FZ07 early next year. From my preliminary online search I found that Kineo makes wire wheels for our bikes. Unfortunately the wire spoke wheels cost about a third of what I paid for the bike, and that's excluding taxes, shipping, fees, and dues (coming from the UK).VAT is included in the price. 

I have a few months until we the new year that'll afford me time to do more research. However if anyone knows anything or suggestions on procuring wire spoke wheels, that would be appreciated. 

• Premium Member

I'd love to see our bike with these wheels. Cool find, but holy crap dat price doh!?!

Here's a half azzed Photoshop job of the front wheel anyway. Any way you look at it though $4500 is ridiculous.  Im going to start digging around for some wire spokes as well.

[attachment id=2255" thumbnail="1]

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

If you are exporting them to the US you should be able to get them VAT free I would
ask about this as on such a price it will make a noticeable difference 20% not to be
sneezed at.

They really do look something special and very well made but the price is obscene not far 
off half the price I payed for the bike.

These aren't cheap either but just in case you haven't seen them and want some variety to create more drool & anguish.  ;)  but wait, their made in "C ..... "The U.S. of A!!"

https://toxicmotoracing.com/shop/supermoto-wheels/15-carbon-matrix-tubeless-wheels.html#/hub_brand-kite/alpina_rim_finish_complete_wheels-fully_exposed_carbon/front_rim_size-17x3_5/rear_rim_size-17x5_5

Beemer

I'd love to see our bike with these wheels. Cool find, but holy crap dat price doh!?!  
Here's a half azzed Photoshop job of the front wheel anyway. Any way you look at it though $4500 is ridiculous.  Im going to start digging around for some wire spokes as well.

Is that your bike? I am just wondering if that is the Rizoma windscreen. It looks perfect. 

• Premium Member

Is that your bike? I am just wondering if that is the Rizoma windscreen. It looks perfect. 
Thats my second wife yes. I honestly cant say how effective this Rizoma screen actually is, minimal at best. I bought the polycarbonate screen and then sprayed it with Tamiya Polycarbonate-paint (gun metal) almost a perfect match.  Ive never really liked the aesthetics of the larger screens and dont do a lot of long winded highway riding. If you want more angles of the screen + a few more further down.....    http://fz07.org/thread/5126/pusss-grand-unveiling-another-custom

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

$4500! you could possibly get a set of BST carbons for that price.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

• 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

When doing your research, factor in tubes and liners, too. I don't care what they may or may not say about being "tubeless," DON'T count on it.

Good GRIEF!!!  I just saw the price... now, THAT'S a hoot!!!  I four bought 4--that's FOUR--new, stainless spoked, custom-made, genuine knockoff wire wheels (4) for my vintage Excalibur cage (sorta a cage--4-wheels, anyway) for less than $3K!!!  AND, they threw in a "free" lead hammer, hehehehe!!!  What are Kineos made of... platinum?!?

• Premium Member

Why? They do look pretty cool, and I can see how they might have maybe perceptibly more compliance on a bumpy road, and they might weigh less, but they are a PITA for maintenance and cleaning, and the stock wheels are not bad.
Just curious.

Why can't left turners see us?

Archived