The MT-07 Forum

Stupid Idea to buy FZ07?

hentz

How a bike looks and how it makes you feel is important. My FZ always felt so right to me. Next year I could take back my old Ninja 250 from my daughter but I have to get another FZ.

New owner and from Vegas as well.

Im in it for about 4 weeks now. Sitting at 2100 miles and about 1000 miles of those are in the first week. Cant get enough of this bike. I dont have much experience with any other bikes but so far this is the most comfortable one for me.

750 gsx-s slightly heavy for me. Too wide. Power is ok
CB1000r - rad bike. A lot of power. Too much for me
CB1000RR - i dont think i will own a super sports unless i decide to track
FZ09 - its nice, i tought about it... Dont need to extra power. FZ07's just looks a lot sexier to me.

Goodluck! And i hope you get one.

Im in it for about 4 weeks now. Sitting at 2100 miles and about 1000 miles of those are in the first week. Cant get enough of this bike. I dont have much experience with any other bikes but so far this is the most comfortable one for me.

FZ09 - its nice, i tought about it... Dont need to extra power. FZ07's just looks a lot sexier to me.

Sick dude! Use Vegas people need to meet up soon.

Do you have any mods yet? I think the first and immediate mod I'd make is an M4 exhaust. They sound incredible.

I agree. They look a lot sexier than the FZ09. My CBR600f4i was fast and I didn't even utilize that power. Considering the FZ09 is much faster, I think to myself, when would I even use it? Lol. My most common drive would be to the strip from the northwest. At what point would I need the power? Although it would be nice to have.. I only have experience with my Ninja 650, just less than a year, and the f4i for a few months.

I'd say the FZ07 would be plenty personally.

Do you have any mods yet? I think the first and immediate mod I'd make is an M4 exhaust. They sound incredible.

I agree. They look a lot sexier than the FZ09. My CBR600f4i was fast and I didn't even utilize that power. Considering the FZ09 is much faster, I think to myself, when would I even use it? Lol. My most common drive would be to the strip from the northwest. At what point would I need the power? Although it would be nice to have.. I only have experience with my Ninja 650, just less than a year, and the f4i for a few months.

So far ive got the fender eliminator, barracuda front signals, integrated tail light - all from bellissimoto Paul.

Also got the akropović titanum exhaust.

Also live on the northwest part of town. My commute is always the north 215 to the speedway so its super easy and open.

Im down for a meet up soon. Rival is on here and i know he lives by our side of town too.

So far ive got the fender eliminator, barracuda front signals, integrated tail light - all from bellissimoto Paul.  
Also got the akropović titanum exhaust.

Also live on the northwest part of town. My commute is always the north 215 to the speedway so its super easy and open.

Im down for a meet up soon. Rival is on here and i know he lives by our side of town too.

You don't happen to be 215/Durango, do you? That's where I'm at.

I know when I get my bike I'll Forsure be taking it to Belissimoto. Paul seems like a cool guy.

How's the commute on the freeway? Wind wise

I know when I get my bike I'll Forsure be taking it to Belissimoto. Paul seems like a cool guy.

Nope, im on cheyenne and jones area but I take jones and 215 all the time.

Anything above 70 you will find the wind fighting you because the way you sit on the bike. Im really thinking about getting the windscreen but havnt found something i really like. I like how the bike is just plain naked. But soon we will be doing out of town rides so the looks can be sacrificed to have more riding comfort.

@hentz I'm at 215 and Durango in the north west.

i got a widescreen you can check out @mikebomac . it doesnt fit anymore since i got clip ons. it's the givi windscreen.

i got a widescreen you can check out @mikebomac . it doesnt fit anymore since i got clip ons. it's the givi windscreen.

For sure! Lol. Maybe that will be the reason we can actually meet up! Hahaha.

No way?! Lol.

Makes me laugh how close we all are. Let's do a ride soon, I'll be the oddball not on an FZ07 lol.

12ival and Mike, do you guys have an exhaust on your bikes yet?

No way?! Lol.

Makes me laugh how close we all are. Let's do a ride soon, I'll be the oddball not on an FZ07 lol.

yeah i have the akrapovic carbon.

Only you know how 'you' like to be done so if the Ninja ain't doin' it for ya I say show that pos the door and get an FZ-07 that will do it!  ;)

Beemer

No way?! Lol.

Yes. Akrapovič as well.

AlbatrossCafe

Stupid idea to ask this question...

If you EVER think "Should I buy an FZ-07?" The answer is always "yes". Live your life by that one rule and you will be successful anywhere you go.

So I came across this 2015 FZ-07 today here in Vegas from a private party.  
Red, not a fan... However I can just change plastics so I'm not worried about that. Oil is changed every 4,000 miles. Chain lubed every 500-1000 miles. It has 12k miles.

What do you guys think?

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/mcy/5768038605.html
sounds like a good deal.

The bike above 75mph can get a bit windy, a windscreen helps but you still get quite a bit of resistance. You eventually get used to it, I can get to 90 and not even notice the difference in wind resistance between that and anything in the 70 range.

Side Note: Blurple or go home.

• 1 month later...
AlbatrossCafe
I finally sold my bike a few weeks ago!!! Woo. Haven't had a bike for a few weeks and its getting to me... Vegas weather has been nice and I've been itching to ride.. 

Found this today; has been laid down by the wife. I feel the price is a bit high but would like your opinions pleaseeeee.

https://lasvegas.craigslist.org/mcy/5822947900.html
Too high for sure. FYI the prices he has in his picture are RETAIL aka what you would buy from the dealer. This is private party so you can easily take $750 off of that. On top of that it was laid down. That's minus another $750. I would offer him $4000 and see where that takes you. But I would NEVER pay over $5000 for that. 

Archived