The MT-07 Forum

Stupid Idea to buy FZ07?

hentz

Hey guys. Going to make this simple and straight to the point.

I ride a 2011 Ninja 650 right now. Orange. I bought it slightly on impulse. Out of all the bikes on the floor, the price was reasonable, the bike was comfy, while not crazy about the color I thought what the hell.

Fast forward to today... I don't like the bike. I hate the way it sounds, I can't stand the color, and I just don't love the bike. I ride it.. Just to ride.

I ride to work, around town (in Vegas) and do rare occasional twisties and 150ish mile trips.

I fell in love with the FZ bikes. I originally thought the F09 but kinda thought to myself.. Why have all that power when I don't really do anything crazy anyways? I do the occasional 100mph romp but on the freeway I'm only usually doing 70-80. But still an option.
Fz07 has my favorite color scheme, Matte Silver with he Blue/Purplish rims and frame. Also, with an exhaust it just sounds MEAN. But it's only pushing about 10-15 more horsepower.

Would it be stupid to consider the FZ07 since I'm riding the Ninja 650? The color, sound (important to me), and look is just amazing on the bike.

Guest ChicagoAJ

In terms of power, they're nearly identical. You'll have less wind protection on the FZ but get way better gas mileage. The FZ looks way better too. If you want one, get one. Simple as that. Sell your 650 on Craigslist or CycleTrader and pay or finance the difference.

bellissimoto

Do it! And then come to our shop since you're Vegas and I can show you how to trick it out :)

- Paul

www.bellissimoto.com

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Most riders go through many bikes on their way to finding the bike that ticks all the boxes.

You have to ask yourself coming from the ninja are you ready to ride naked?  :D

Illegitimi non carborundum

no need to buy a fz brand new or rush to get one... just take your time and find a nice used one with low miles in the color scheme you want. got mine for 4.8 with only 3000 miles on it. that's pretty much brand new to me lol.

• Global Moderator

You could also buy a used 2015 graphite/blurple one and spend $200 on new silver plastics. Voila, a "2016" FZ-07 on a budget :)

Guest ChicagoAJ
You could also buy a used 2015 graphite/blurple one and spend $200 on new silver plastics. Voila, a "2016" FZ-07 on a budget :)
Or trade me the graphite plastics for free!

Its my first bike. I dont think id get rid of it. Im enjoying riding this thing so much, i look for any excuse to ride. I believe its a great deal; for one, the price allows you room for customization and two, the machine is great for my needs, commuting and for fun. Test drive one if you havent. The twin does sound awesome!

I used to have a 2012 Ninja 650(the first year of the redesign). The seat on it was more comfortable, vibrations were much lower, the wind protection and adjustable windshield were fantastic.

All these things put it better than the FZ07. But these are features of the redesigned Ninja 650.

With the first generation that had the banana seat the biggest thing you have over the FZ07 is the full fairing wind protection and the fact that it doesn't have a huge rear bias and wants to wheelie if you so much as look at it wrong.

Most riders go through many bikes on their way to finding the bike that ticks all the boxes.  
I've been ready for the past 2-months to ride nekkid :D 

I've been ready for the past 2-months to ride nekkid :D
Sounds like you know what to do.  Life is too short to ride a bike you don't just love.

• Premium Member

I've gone naked and haven't looked back.

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

• Premium Member
Do it! And then come to our shop since you're Vegas and I can show you how to trick it out :) 
- Paul

www.bellissimoto.com
I didn't know your shop is in Vegas. Where have I been? How far off the Strip are you located? Next time I come out to Vegas for vacation I want to swing by the shop.

bellissimoto
- Paul

www.bellissimoto.com
I didn't know your shop is in Vegas. Where have I been? How far off the Strip are you located? Next time I come out to Vegas for vacation I want to swing by the shop.
We're like 10 min away from the strip :) 
- Paul

www.bellissimoto.com

bellissimoto
do it! the more 07s in Vegas the merrier. time to set up a meet up at @bellissimoto .
I think so too! 
:)

- Paul

www.bellissimoto.com

I would love to test one. However RideNow or Yamaha of Las Vegas doesn't allow test rides. So I'd unfortunately have to buy one without test riding unless I get lucky somewhere.

I see one at the Venetian all the time. I drool as I drive passed it lol

• Premium Member
We're like 10 min away from the strip :) 
- Paul

www.bellissimoto.com
Good stuff. I'm gonna make that happen when I get back out there. Which I'm hoping is very soon.

• Premium Member
I would love to test one. However RideNow or Yamaha of Las Vegas doesn't allow test rides. So I'd unfortunately have to buy one without test riding unless I get lucky somewhere.  
Get on the net and look for Yamaha Demo Days. You might get lucky and find a Demo Day nearby you sometime soon.
https://www.yamahamotorsports.com/motorsports/yamahaevents

Try majorpowersports on sahara. They had a used one a while back. They may let you test ride if they have one in stock.

• Premium Member
Get on the net and look for Yamaha Demo Days. You might get lucky and find a Demo Day nearby you sometime soon. https://www.yamahamotorsports.com/motorsports/yamahaevents

Yamaha of Vegas is having demo days at the end of September

- Andy

Archived