The MT-07 Forum

Akrapovic q's

victormar1312

victormar1312

Hello all. Im fairly new here to the forums and owning my very first fz07 here in the states. The time has come to purchasing an exhaust and im stuck betwee. The akrapovic titanium and carbon
Im leaning toward the titanium more because of looks. But reading about both im confused about the titanium.
My firsy question is: catalytic converter needed upon purchasing? I read that with the carbon it is not necissary.
My second question is : will an ejk tune be needed upon purchasing the titanium.
Sorry in advance if these questions are newbish but before going ahead and purchasing i just wanted to be 100% positive ?
Thanks!

Hi & welcome!

The Ti can fit the catalytic converter optionally, but not mandatory (in the US there is more flexibility with this matter than in California or Europe).

The Carbon exhaust can't fit the catalytic converter.

In theory, the Ti won't need EJK, but certainly it helps you to enjoy your bike much more, generally speaking, improving the motor response overall.

I'm sure there are some topica about this, feel free to use the "Search" tab! ;)

See you around!

Safe riding!

victormar1312
Hi & welcome! 
The Ti can fit the catalytic converter optionally, but not mandatory (in the US there is more flexibility with this matter than in California or Europe).

The Carbon exhaust can't fit the catalytic converter.

In theory, the Ti won't need EJK, but certainly it helps you to enjoy your bike much more, improving the motor response generally speaking!

I'm sure there are some topica about this, feel free to use the "Search" tab! ;)

See you around!

Excellent response hamster! Tons of help. Sums it up for me. So basically as a new rider even.. i can hold off on the tuner

You can always install it later if you please! From what people say, without an EJK or any other solution, you tend to lose a bit in low rpms and gain a bit in higher revs. :)

Akrapovic Ti is the official option from Yama, you should be fine though. ;)

For instance, I had a Termignoni with PCV, it worked much smoother than the original exhaust and fuel settings.

Safe riding!

• Premium Member
You can always install it later if you please! From what people say, without an EJK or any other solution, you tend to lose a bit in low rpms and gain a bit in higher revs. :) 
Akrapovic Ti is the official option from Yama, you should be fine though. ;)

For instance, I had a Termignoni with PCV, it worked much smoother than the original exhaust and fuel settings.
So what map did you use on the PCV for the Termignoni?  Have you done any airbox / filter changes? 

Why can't left turners see us?

Nope mods, just the one for the akra with baffle in (Dynojet recommended this one) before my bike disappeared... Thinking about getting an SC-Project for th next bike. Hopefully insurance will pay soon, I'd keep you updated! ;)

Safe riding!

Will the Akrapovic Carbon have any long term ill-effects on the valves or anything like that with out using a fuel controller? I've read that they make the bike run a little lean without a fuel controller?

I have the carbon and it runs a little bit rich with and without the baffle. I have no fuel controller. I still get 50mpg riding aggressive almost all the time.

The carbon is lighter also. If your going to be stunting get the Ti for sure as the exhaust is tucked away in case you drop it.

Archived