The MT-07 Forum

Parking question

fzob1

Considering a FZ 07 as next bike and considering moving. So have a question on parking, basically width of the bike. Are you able to park the FZ alongside a car in a 1 car garage? Or do you have to park the bike behind the car, as in parallel to the garage door?

• Premium Member

I have enough space to park them side by side (in an apartment complex) but the problem is different garages have different sized parking spots. If you're in a house, you may have more space.
You can also try parking it behind your car.
Basically, this will depend on the width or length of your car and the size of the parking spot.

Thank you. It will probably be an apartment when I move. Mine is a normal hatchback car. Was wondering if I can park them side by side so I do not have to take the bike out first if I need to drive the car. That was an annoyance in the past with the cruiser I had.

• Premium Member

@i28 is pretty spot on with the advice. We can't help you since we don't know the actual dims to your exact parking space.

Good luck!

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

bmwpowere36m3

Side by side in a parking spot, No (i.e., public parking, parking garage, street). In a single car garage, Maybe (depends on the size)...

If you got a center stand your chances would be better. (Bike takes up less space when vertical as opposed to leaning on one side) If you got a center stand, the width needed would only be the width of the handle bars.

Judging by the one car garages I've seen most only have enough room to either side to open the doors. That's just not enough even with a center stand.

Beemer

• Global Moderator

you could always get collapsible handlebars and the centerstand

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Archived