The MT-07 Forum

Ducati Monster 1200 R

martyinaustin

well this thread prompted me to go look. If anyone in NoVA wants what was quoted to me as IMO a *fantastic* price on a in-the-crate 1200S (the one with Ohlins suspension) PM me. Out the door is under 14K, of which ~$1100 was freight and state tax. DUcati 0%/60 may (it applies to me) applies.

I rode a non-S brand new off the show room floor on a demo ride this morning. The stock suspension was impressive despite my 260lb of lard.

There's a brand new 'R' also on the floor in black if you just gotta have the extra 15HP.

www.seedealercost.com claims the 'invoice' is 15,800 for the 'S' so either the site is way off or Ducati has a hefty dealer rebate going on.

And the bloody thing is comfortable! no, it's not sit-up-and-beg but for this 5'11 fellow things just fell into place. Neutral was a *b!* to find but that's probably because the slave cylinder needs to be adjusted since it's a sign the clutch plates are dragging.

The FI was quite good, with some tendency to hunt at in-town, small/steady throttle openings. But that's not surprising given it's a big-inch twin.

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

Guest ChicagoAJ

Sheeeetttt, could probably get an extra ~30hp with just a solid tune on the S rather than get the R model. 

Saw a recent post from 2WDW on Facebook and Nels got over a 40hp gain at the top end of 2016 ZX10R with just a slip on and his tune.

big twins generally don't find 'magic' HP on that scale. I4s can if for noise or emissions reasons the factory choked them off hard... +30HP on the Monster with tune + exhaust, yeah that's not happening.

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

Guest ChicagoAJ
big twins generally don't find 'magic' HP on that scale. I4s can if for noise or emissions reasons the factory choked them off hard... +30HP on the Monster with tune + exhaust, yeah that's not happening.
It appears no one really does anything to these bikes, can't find a single chart anywhere from before/after tuning. Just forum posts.  

Archived