The MT-07 Forum

Yamaha Demo Day

mjh937

• Global Moderator

I just rode the XSR900 and FZ-09. I liked them both, buy not enough to trade my FZ-07 for one (I saved myself some money there). The FZ-09 seat is amazing...scientist are trying to figure out how Yamaha made a substance that is harder than diamond from vinyl and foam.  I also now remember why I had to replace my stock turn signals. Oddly I did not mind them on the XSR.  They only had one FZ-10 and it was booked until the afternoon, do I did not get a chance to ride it. 

Guest ChicagoAJ

How much more power did the FZ09 have compared to our bikes? Did you get to wring its neck?

I agree though, they had a 2015 new FZ09 for only $1200 more when I bought my 2016 FZ07 and I couldn't pull the trigger on it. It was so ugly and the seat was so uncomfortable there was no way I would've been happy with it stock.  

Guest ChicagoAJ
i demoed the XSR900, it was a pos, no power wat so ever compared to fz07, gotta love the torque
It is undoubtedly faster than our bikes, no question. There's dudes running 11.5s in the quarter on YouTube and they're not great riders. It's the same engine, gearing, and tune as the FZ09, of course it's going to be faster than our 07s, lol. Our bikes have a best time in reviews of either 12 flat or 12.1 in the quarter, and that's with either pro riders or at the very least, very experienced riders. 

i demoed the XSR900, it was a pos, no power wat so ever compared to fz07, gotta love the torque
I find this post to be suspect!

Engaging with people that have personality disorders on a message board is like arguing with a rock.

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick
 The FZ-09 seat is amazing...scientist are trying to figure out how Yamaha made a substance that is harder than diamond from vinyl and foam.  

I read this to hubs and he is ROFL and agrees with you. He replaced that diamond with a Shad comfort seat and loves it. It's more attractive too.

Illegitimi non carborundum

I find this post to be suspect!
bingo, thats how i felt about the bike. it was bleh. 

Archived