The MT-07 Forum

Exhaust Sound

themg

Sorry if there is already a thread on this, but I am trying to get people's opinions on how loud each exhaust is.

I'm mainly looking at Akro, Yosh, M4 and the Two Bros.

I want something that sounds good, makes me a little more noticeable and not obnoxiously loud, since I do a lot of city riding.

Thanks for your input.

Guest 2wheeler

Many threads, and better yet - YouTube

In the end, it all comes down to your ears. Few people are going to spend $600-$1000 and readily say their exhaust sounds like crap. Plus, YouTube never replicates the sound accurately.

Your best bet is to find fellow FZ-07 riders in your area who have added a pipe.

AlbatrossCafe

I've heard Akro Titanium, Akro Carbon, and Yoshi in person. Yoshi seemed to be loudest, and was also raspy which I didn't like. Both Akros are very similar. I could barely notice a difference (I have Carbon, heard Titanium a small amount). Akro is a bit deeper sounding than Yoshi, especially without the baffle.

In the end, pretty much anything you will be happy with lol. And I will say the less restrictive it is, the better the sound quality (IMHO), but the louder it gets. You gotta find a compromise you are happy with.

Straight pipe sounds freakin sweet, but both my ears & just about everyone else on the road would kill me:

bmwpowere36m3

Akra carbon w/o baffle is loud... like the Yoshi on my thumper. I'd venture to say its on the level of V&H straight pipes on our softail....

I should have mentioned that I have watched tons of YouTube videos. It's hard to tell on YouTube in my opinion. I just don't want to end up being the neighborhood ....... 

[video src=https://www.youtube.com/embed/xGyKBFCd_u4]

Guest 2wheeler

You know, everytime I listen to the multi-comparison video, I always default to the Yoshi as the best sounding in that lineup.

The two things that are obvious from that video is the differences in the recording equipment, and the fact they didn't have pipes like the Akra Carbon, LeoVince, Two Brothers, Graves, etc.

While I know we are all impatient idiots, there is a lot to be said about waiting on your uprgades. The reason that I say this is that the FZ-07 is really freaking hot right now, and there is only going to be more and better options coming down the road very shortly. This applies not only to exhausts, but any performance and/or handling related upgrades. I can't count the times over the years where I have said, "If only I had waited"

My $0.02 worth

• 5 weeks later...

I put the Delkevic on mine... had one on my SV before, gives a much more throaty output... and way more affordable. Plus, made in the good ol' USofA! It is pretty loud, but I dont think its abnoxious. People dont give me the death stare when I start it up in parking lots. But still loud enough to where I am now noticed on the roads around the DC metro area.

Archived