The MT-07 Forum

[SOLVED] Low inconsistent idle

kjata

How do you blow fuses installing a tail tidy?

Anyways... like more advanced members are saying...
1. get rid of the pcv...
2. have the ecu put back to factory settings
By the dealer if possible... or just buy a new ecu from yamaha and have them install it.
3. Remove all other performance mods
4. Have the bike back at new, showroom floor, factory settings... get back to stock at closely as u can.
5. Buy the service manual... it has many trouble shooting tips... try to figure it out using service manual... if you still cant get the bike right on your own... then you will have to fo accept the fact that this will require dealership repair which is probably gonna be very expensive.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

Hate to necro bump this post but I would like to state that the problem has been fixed and finally put to bed for good. The problem had nothing to do with fuses, or anything.

I'll try and add my solution in hopes that in case this happens to anybody else.

I befriended a motorcycle technician who was certified in Suzy, Kawi, and Yamaha. Bringing the bike to him, he automatically suspected something was up with tune and the map that was inside the power commander. He opened up the power commander with his iphone to take a look at the map inside. No map found. No problem though, as the dealership probably plugged the custom map and tune straight into my ECU. He reset the voltage on the TPS, as it was running a little high, but assured me that it was ok.

He recommended I buy the dynojet autotune module for now. As for a temporary fix the autotune module would probably correct whatever issue the bike was having. Upon installing and testing, he found the bike to be running ridiculously rich. So rich, that my O2 sensor was completely black with soot and grime. Keep in mind, I had the bike for under 2 years and just under 2000 miles. So I barely was riding it.

He installed the module and did some riding, as I guess the autotune kinda learns the drivers behavior. Holy shit. The bike is totally different. It PULLS at low speeds. It's like a missile. I feel like I'm on a FZ09. So far, in the little time riding I had before we got destroyed with snow again, I haven't noticed the rpms dip once, nor struggle at all.

So I hope this information helps anybody in the future. Lastly, I want to thank everybody who contributed to this post. I know it dragged on for a year, but I really appreciate all of your selfless efforts to help me out. Wish I could treat you all to a beer. Thanks again.

• Premium Member
Hate to necro bump this post but I would like to state that the problem has been fixed and finally put to bed for good. The problem had nothing to do with fuses, or anything.  
I'll try and add my solution in hopes that in case this happens to anybody else.

I befriended a motorcycle technician who was certified in Suzy, Kawi, and Yamaha. Bringing the bike to him, he automatically suspected something was up with tune and the map that was inside the power commander. He opened up the power commander with his iphone to take a look at the map inside. No map found. No problem though, as the dealership probably plugged the custom map and tune straight into my ECU. He reset the voltage on the TPS, as it was running a little high, but assured me that it was ok.

He recommended I buy the dynojet autotune module for now. As for a temporary fix the autotune module would probably correct whatever issue the bike was having. Upon installing and testing, he found the bike to be running ridiculously rich. So rich, that my O2 sensor was completely black with soot and grime. Keep in mind, I had the bike for under 2 years and just under 2000 miles. So I barely was riding it.

He installed the module and did some riding, as I guess the autotune kinda learns the drivers behavior. Holy shet. The bike is totally different. It PULLS at low speeds. It's like a missile. I feel like I'm on a FZ09. So far, in the little time riding I had before we got destroyed with snow again, I haven't noticed the rpms dip once, nor struggle at all.

So I hope this information helps anybody in the future. Lastly, I want to thank everybody who contributed to this post. I know it dragged on for a year, but I really appreciate all of your selfless efforts to help me out. Wish I could treat you all to a beer. Thanks again.
Thanks for adding the resolution to your mystery problem.  Now you can love your bike. :) 

Why can't left turners see us?

• Premium Member

Yea!!! Finally 86'd that @##/&^$ gremlin

Now your future will be filed with adventures and shyt eating grins ?

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

Glad to see someone that post when things are fixed...You should see the tech world of forums...so many posts with no ends. Really glad you got it figured out!

"Holy Shet. The bike is totally different. It PULLS at low speeds. It's like a missile. I feel like I'm on a FZ09."

I'm happy for you, glad you can enjoy your FZ-07 like the rest of us.

Beemer

Archived