The MT-07 Forum

Front End Noise

dony

• Premium Member

My bike is 1 year old and I have 17000 km on it. I have heard a lot of posts about rear end noise, Chain, sprocket, etc. On my bike I never really had this problem but lately I have noticed a noise from the front end when hitting small sharp bumps. It is diffucult to describe but sounds like a rattle or some sort. I have gone over the bike and haven't found anything loose and haven't been able to recreate the noise by pushing on the suspension, etc. I was wondering if anyone else has had this or might know what it could be? Thanks.

Tire nose from wear? Have any dangly bits you added to your key?

Could it be a confounding sound from the top if the engine? If so you need to get a feeler gauge and adjust your intake and exhaust valves.

• Global Moderator
Could it be a confounding sound from the top if the engine? If so you need to get a feeler gauge and adjust your intake and exhaust valves.
24400mi is the service int for valve clearance checks
Thats nearly 40k-km doubt that this woulđ be his issue

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

24400mi is the service int for valve clearance checks Thats nearly 40k-km doubt that this woulđ be his issue
That is for periodic maintenance. Thought it was 26600 though.

That aside they can still come out of adjustment prior. I've had it happen to me before.

Keep in mind he said he hears it when he hits sharp bumps.

Beemer

Keep in mind he said he hears it when he hits sharp bumps.
Ah. Brb taking a reading comprehension course. Read the thing twice and missed that each time.

I've always noticed a bit of a rattle, but I've have a gremlin bell mounted under the headlight since buying. Might take it off to see if I notice anything then. Sounds like from the suspension I only hear like a...uh...whirring sound like you hear when something compresses hard.

A rattle would be odd as hell though. Might be worth it to go over all the bolts and make sure the alignment marks are still in line and none have backed off.

I've a similar clunking noise since day one..
Everything is as tight as it should be..
I think it is from suspension..
At the dealership they said they heard nothing..
But the noise is there at almost any bump..

topazsparrow
I've a similar clunking noise since day one.. Everything is as tight as it should be..
I think it is from suspension..
At the dealership they said they heard nothing..
But the noise is there at almost any bump..

Checking in with weirdness on the front end over bumps too... 
Almost exclusively when riding on an angle around a corner. Something tells me its the suspension or the steering, but everything looks fine at rest.

Can't help but wonder if it relates to that known issue with the bushings on the forks.

Archived